Easiest way to put it on the center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Have tried a few times either it almost falls over or is there a nack to this , do i stand myside it or over it while trying . I grab the rear grab bar and 1 side of handlebars but when ikeep doing this it keeps wanting to go the other side , i almost break my back doing this wrong ?:confused2:

Re: Easiest way to put it on the centrestand

Have tried a few times either it almost falls over or is there a nack to this , do i stand myside it or over it while trying . I grab the rear grab bar and 1 side of handlebars but when ikeep doing this it keeps wanting to go the other side , i almost break my back doing this wrong ?:confused2:

Stand beside the bike
Left hand on handlebars, right had under rear grab bar down by the fender, just behind the shock mount (there is a recess there for your hand to fit in)
With your left foot lower the center stand until the 2 balance points rest on floor, (to make sure bike is not going up crooked)
Then push down on the centerstand lever with your left foot and pick up under grab bar with your right hand at the same time.
The bike should rock back and up on center stand with very little effort.
Your left hand on the handlebars is for balance.

dan

Stand beside the bike
Left hand on handlebars, right had under rear grab bar down by the fender, just behind the shock mount (there is a recess there for your hand to fit in)
With your left foot lower the center stand until the 2 balance points rest on floor, (to make sure bike is not going up crooked)
Then push down on the centerstand lever with your left foot and pick up under grab bar with your right hand at the same time.

dan

This bike is a beast to get onto the center stand. It is easy to strain the back.

My technique has changed. I place the left hand on the left handle bar and the right hand as Dan said. However, I use my right foot on the centerstand. I then make sure both centerstand points are on the ground. I then rock the bike very carefully and try to rock it backwards. You have to be very careful rocking the bike. I nearly lost it once. But when I get it right, it doesn't strain the back at all and goes right up onto the stand.

I stay on the bike. Put my left foot on center stand and and stand on it. Once both sides of the stand make contact with the floor I shift all my weight onto the left foot and pull the bars backwards and it rocks right up. My right foot just floats above the ground the whole time.

Stand beside the bike

dan

Sorry, I lied! Just put my bike on the center stand......I also use the right foot. Not the left. :worthy:

dan

dont forget when pushing down with you foot right or left...your pullong up with your right arm pushing down with foot ...pulling up with arm at same time

Eat more!
I weigh about 300 lbs, and my Max pops up on the stand like a 250!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl_200: At a svelt 250 myself I have no problems getting the Max up on the center stand using the techniques explained here.

LOL! I weigh in at 127 lbs and I have no problem! Well, ok, that is just for 1/2 of me but I'm only putting one foot on the lifting bar......:confused2:
I was also going to say to start doing curls with your right arm to bulk up then you could lift it up like I do...but I'd be misrepresenting the true fact. Realistically I think that my right foot and gravity do most of the work!:biglaugh:

MY BIKE IS LOWERED ABOUT 1 & 1/4 INCHES , AND MAN ITS TWICE AS HARD TO GET IT ONTO THE CENTER STAND , I HAD TO SHORTEN MY KICK STAND , SO I QUESS I HAVE TO SHORTEN THE CENTER STAND , I ACTUALLY MIGHT JUST TAKE IT OFF ! & JUST SLIDE THE BOLTS BACK IN & JUST USE IT TO CHANGE THE OIL & WHEN I'M WORKING ON IT ! :punk:

MY BIKE IS LOWERED ABOUT 1 & 1/4 INCHES , AND MAN ITS TWICE AS HARD TO GET IT ONTO THE CENTER STAND , I HAD TO SHORTEN MY KICK STAND , SO I QUESS I HAVE TO SHORTEN THE CENTER STAND , I ACTUALLY MIGHT JUST TAKE IT OFF ! & JUST SLIDE THE BOLTS BACK IN & JUST USE IT TO CHANGE THE OIL & WHEN I'M WORKING ON IT ! :punk:
Mine is lowered 2" in the front and is a little harder to get onto the centerstand. I actually have to use a little right arm to boost the beast onto the centerstand.
I had to laugh the other day when I moved my brothers FZ1... it felt like a toy! When I put it onto the centerstand I didn't even get my right hand onto to the grab rail before it was onto the centerstand.:blink000: I haven't ridden his bike yet and he hasn't ridden mine yet, and now I am afraid to ride his.:hmmm: It might be too lightweight for a man of my stature! I'd probably would rip the handlebars off that puny little toy!:rofl_200:

Felt the same way about my wife's FZ6!! Feels like a little toy when I am putting it up on the center stand. Also, it does feel small when riding it, but man is it a hoot. Ride it every now and again just because I can LOL.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME !! - I just tried this & the bike popped up on the stand like nothing. I've been riding bikes since the late 70's & I still looked like the proverbial "monkey #$%^& a football" trying to get my 'Max on the center stand. I guess it's true - you learn something every day. Thanks for posting the video for the Vmaxilly challenged like myself. :biglaugh:

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME !! - I just tried this & the bike popped up on the stand like nothing. I've been riding bikes since the late 70's & I still looked like the proverbial "monkey #$%^& a football" trying to get my 'Max on the center stand. I guess it's true - you learn something every day. Thanks for posting the video for the Vmaxilly challenged like myself. :biglaugh:

Let me have some of those steroids your using.
I'm 129 lbs with no ass. I've tried like hell and can't get mine onto the center stand that way.
I stand to the rear and use the rear grab rail pulling back and up while pushing down on the the center stand with my left foot. It's getting easier though, I can usually get it up on the second or third uompth now! LOL!

Okay so this is kinda simple, but make sure the front wheel is straight. A slight turn on it can make this much harder. If you are a smaller person and try to rock it up most of the time, it is very easy to end up turing the front wheel a little and that just makes it that much harder. The first time I tried, I had the wheel turned and nearly killed myself trying. Felt like an idiot when it was so easy after I straightened the front wheel. And I only say it is easy because I weigh 300 lbs.

Okay so this is kinda simple, but make sure the front wheel is straight. A slight turn on it can make this much harder. If you are a smaller person and try to rock it up most of the time, it is very easy to end up turing the front wheel a little and that just makes it that much harder. The first time I tried, I had the wheel turned and nearly killed myself trying. Felt like an idiot when it was so easy after I straightened the front wheel. And I only say it is easy because I weigh 300 lbs.

I think the key word (or number) is 300. Cause I have tried, and keep trying to do it the correct way with wheel straight. And I just don't have the ass for it. I just look like a monkey with a boulder. Cept I don't beat it with a stick when I can't make it work! LOL!

I think the key word (or number) is 300. Cause I have tried, and keep trying to do it the correct way with wheel straight. And I just don't have the ass for it. I just look like a monkey with a boulder. Cept I don't beat it with a stick when I can't make it work! LOL!

82nd.........Try backing the rear wheel onto a 3/4," board or two. The center stand picks the rear up about 1 1/2" and the boards should give you enough of a mechanical advantage to overcome the weight.

it is all technique believe me. I am not a very large guy...i can put any bike on a center stand now just because I learned the technique...well i was taught it at AMI. You should of seen what i looked like the first time I was doing a gold wing...5'7'' 165lbs.

It is so hard to describe with words but here i go

i know some of this has been said before...but...make sure both feet of the stand are touching the ground...left hand on left handle bar...right hand on grab rail behind rear seat...right foot on center stand...arms should be straight and your right leg should be bent...the bend in the knee depends on the weight of the bike...for the max my knee is bent pretty good...then just start to straighten your right leg out like you are trying to stand up...your right arm should naturally be pulling on the rear grab rail...don't pull with your right arm...as you stand (pushing down with your right foot to straighten your knee) the bike will come up...keep the handlebars straight and you can even rock the max by bending and straightening your knee back and forth...it's all in that right leg and as natural as just standing up. Easier written then done ...maybe i can post a vid soon

good luck
:punk:

Latest posts

Back