Fz1 starter clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience working on one of these? A friends of mine just bought one that had a bad stator, regulator and rotor. Somebody had already worked on it previously and I'm pretty sure that they swapped the two washers in the attached drawing. #3 and #9 are different thickness and OD, but could be assembled incorrectly. Can anybody tell me which is the larger/thicker of the two in the drawing? Thanks for the help

Dustin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171205-145644.jpg
    Screenshot_20171205-145644.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 15
#9 appears to be the thicker of the washers

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 11
Based on how Yamaha codes fastener part numbers, I would guess that #9 is 1.7mm thick, and #3 is .8mm thick.

k8LpGLI.jpg

Thanks, guys, for confirming my suspicion. I just wanted more opinions to set my mind at ease. I wasn't aware that yamaha coded the fastener sizes into the part numbers. I'll take some measurements tomorrow and see if it lines up.

They do for the standard bolt sizes.

Go here and look at item #21 for example. The middle group of digits (06025) indicates that it is 6mm dia., 25mm long.

I think I did see this in a thread in this forum - could have been elsewhere though.

Latest posts

Back