2005 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nighthawk s

Reaction score
Ok guys soon to be a new vmax owner. I have been looking to buy a gen 1 vmax for sometime now. I have found a 2005 vmax with 13,000 miles just had carbs cleaned and adjusted, oil and filter changed, new spark plugs, new fork seals, rear brakes replaced 300 miles ago, tires are about 60%. all stock, only add on is oem backrest. I have always bought bikes with really low miles like 1,600 miles 3,300 miles and 4,000 miles. I have read many of articles that the vmax motor will hold up really well If taken care of. My question is should I have any worry about this ride ? BTW I have the chance to pick this vmax up for $4300 out the door at a stealership it's there on consignment.

Ok guys soon to be a new vmax owner. I have been looking to buy a gen 1 vmax for sometime now. I have found a 2005 vmax with 13,000 miles just had carbs cleaned and adjusted, oil and filter changed, new spark plugs, new fork seals, rear brakes replaced 300 miles ago, tires are about 60%. all stock, only add on is oem backrest. I have always bought bikes with really low miles like 1,600 miles 3,300 miles and 4,000 miles. I have read many of articles that the vmax motor will hold up really well If taken care of. My question is should I have any worry about this ride ? BTW I have the chance to pick this vmax up for $4300 out the door at a stealership it's there on consignment.
I have an 05 and love it. I'm not the best judge on price as my buyer goggles have got me into bad deals. But that sounds fair to me if it has been well cared for. (So that might mean its not a good deal if i think it is) Any pics ? Check the badge number on the faux tank for its place in line on the 05 registry. Deffinately test ride, let it warm up good and give it some good throttle through second (hold on tight ). Just to check for a bad second, likely no issue but it's something you certainly don't want to find out about after purchase, something I learned on my 85. Hope you get a solid bike.
f2b49374b997b1467d7a9d728d7be51b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

The V-Max engine is solid!..........Bought mine with 7800 mi and now has 45,000+.............I Run it hard but keep up on regular maintenance.............Tom.

Well I bough this bike on Friday, it started right up with choke on and I slowly moved it off till you could hit the throttle and it was smooth it was about 48 degrees out. Left the dealership and put on like 12 miles it ran real strong no hesitation pulled great. before returning to the dealer checked 2nd gear ran it up to about 8,000 on the tach with no problems. I got to do a little riding today it was 52 degrees out put on 40 miles. I made sure I really warmed it up both times real good. I must say it sure is a lot of fun, keeps that grin on my face that's for sure.

Well I bough this bike on Friday, it started right up with choke on and I slowly moved it off till you could hit the throttle and it was smooth it was about 48 degrees out. Left the dealership and put on like 12 miles it ran real strong no hesitation pulled great. before returning to the dealer checked 2nd gear ran it up to about 8,000 on the tach with no problems. I got to do a little riding today it was 52 degrees out put on 40 miles. I made sure I really warmed it up both times real good. I must say it sure is a lot of fun, keeps that grin on my face that's for sure.
Congrats on the bike. You'll love it.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

That sounds like something I would be interested in. I would like to meet and ride with you guys as well.

Thunder is a great time. The VMax headquarters at Somerset Days Inn is gonna blow your mind when you see all the VMaxes that are gonna be there..

Congrats on your new bike. Enjoy.
Been to Thunder in the Valley, 2 years and counting..
Great bunch of folks..
God willing, I plan to be there a little earlier to get settled in before the 1st ride..
This year, I got there right before they took the 1st ride and was not able to unpack or fill up before riding.. Got low on gas an had to find a station while the others were chowing down.. lol

this is a pic of my new ride with it's 52 year old rider

Attachments

• 171126_0005.jpg
    171126_0005.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 46
Looks like a nice bike there, congrats..
2/14/18 God willing, I'll be matching the age also. :biglaugh:

Age is just a number, I still enjoy riding just as much as I always have. For some reason my brain doesn't let my hand hold the throttle on as far or on as long as it once did. I'm guessing that is fear, cause I don't get back off the ground as fast as I once did. Maybe that's just common sense kicking in.

Nice bike, and welcome to the Vmax brotherhood. You should find this forum very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back