ANOTHER New Project, Bobber/Chopper #2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided I wasn't going to let this thing beat me, so I beat it, literally. My Dad stopped by and I conned him into getting involved again as I needed another set of hands, and finally after beating on it with my drilling maul, and an air hammer, I got the jug off. Only to find that this thing is JUNK.
XS9.jpg

I'm not totally bummed out, I mean it was free after all. I think I'm going to go ahead and tear it all the way down, get an empty case, and use it for mock up. So I start to tear it down.
XS10.jpg

Every clutch and steel and just covered in rust/junk as this thing sat with no oil in the crank case at all. Talk about NASTY.
XS12.jpg

XS11.jpg

I'm at a stopping point for the night, I figure tomorrow if all goes half way decent I'll have the cases split and everything out. Now I'm really in the market for a running 650 motor.

OOHHHH.......that sucks.......:damn angry:

the price was right tho....

I need a frame 1978 or older with legal papers....I don't think it exists in NY
:damn angry:

Oh they're out there, usually in barns rusted together or tied to trees outside with spark plugs left out haha.

I should have known this thing was going to fight me all the way 'till the bitter end. Finally, after my Dad (poor guy) stopped by again I utilized his hands to help hold stuff solid while I beat and beat and beat and I got this thing apart. I have to laugh at the insides of this paper weight, er I mean engine.
XS13.jpg

XS14.jpg

XS15.jpg

XS16.jpg

XS17.jpg

XS18.jpg

And how I feel about this experience.
XS19.jpg

I gotta get this empty case cleaned up and a few fastners to hold it all together, and I have a mocke up motor I guess.

I reckon u could make a decent sculpture out of it, and dedicate it to water and oxygen.

But you'll need to beat it a whole lot more and harder too.. :biglaugh:

What causes people to do this to a machine.......:confused2:

I just don't get it....

I know a guy that has an XS650 engine as the base for a coffee table. You could polish that one up since the inside is not important, and make your own. It actually looks good!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

GIMME>>>>GIMMIE>>>>GIMMIE!!!!!!

DAMMIT!!!!:bang head:

Too far away........:damn angry:
She said I could get it I am waiting on a call back from the guy & also I got a bid in on an 86 max with 8500 miles on it but I have to fix them & sell them I am gonny try & get her to let me keep the XS though it might take some talking though

Latest posts

Back