Could this be any more confusing...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maniacmav

Reaction score
Got bit by the dang reserve switch this morning.

Of course I had the switch in the reserve position the whole tank. I just got the bike about 2 months ago and just never ran it that low on fuel before. I'm my mind I'm thinking that "ON" means reserve on, not the other way around.

I'm tired now, this bike can be quite heavy after pushing for a mile. I had to take a 30 minute breather before I hopped back on. It also made me realize how out of shape I am.

It could have been worse, I could have been out riding the back roads I guess.

:doh:

:oops:

Well, at least you got it refilled with no real harm done, and a lesson learned, and didn't have to leave it sitting in traffic some place.

:oops:

Well, at least you got it refilled with no real harm done, and a lesson learned, and didn't have to leave it sitting in traffic some place.

Yeah, I learned my lesson. It could have been much worse. I live in a pretty rural area, I could have been 20 miles from the nearest gas station.

I found myself riding my gen II and my get some gas quick light came on. How long was it on ? Started looking for reserve switch while riding STARTING to panic Then I realized gas station up ahead what a RELIEF ! need to set trip meter on both my bikes ..

Yeah, I learned my lesson. It could have been much worse. I live in a pretty rural area, I could have been 20 miles from the nearest gas station.

It was for me......I ran out at two in morning near the beach years ago and got rear-ended by a car.......a sad story to be re-told in detail some other day.............

:stretche:

I found myself riding my gen II and my get some gas quick light came on. How long was it on ? Started looking for reserve switch while riding STARTING to panic Then I realized gas station up ahead what a RELIEF ! need to set trip meter on both my bikes ..

Easy to tell on a Gen II. The moment the fuel light comes on, the computer puts up a brand new "F" labeled trip meter to track how far you've gone while on 'reserve'.

Latest posts

Back