New Grill Cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks...need a little insight here. I just got my new chrome grill cover in the mail that I ordered. Im not quite sure how it is supposed to mount on the bike though. If I take the factory black grill cover off, I lose the threads to put the screws back into place because they are welded onto the factory cover. So I tried to put the new one on over top of the old one and it wont fit and looks like shit. How did others do it?? :confused2: :bang head:

I put mine right over the Stock screen.

Attachments

• Right_Side_1024.jpg
    Right_Side_1024.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Letchworth State Park Scenic View 6.jpg
    Letchworth State Park Scenic View 6.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 68
It seemed like it stuck out and the screws that hold the front of the side covers with the reflectors on them wont fit because they cant reach the threads.

I just unscrewed the stock screws Bent the cover tabs a little, then I put the Radiator Cover on and re-used the stock screws and washers.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Fork_Off_Rad_Cover.jpg
    Fork_Off_Rad_Cover.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 174
Looks like yours . Mounts up a little different than mine. Mine has "tabs" that go around the sides as well. So there is a total of 8 screws that hold it on. I finally got it. I switched screws. The ones on the sides i used for the front and vice versa. The ones on the side were longer and those holes werent the issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Mine does not fit like that but it is the stainless imported one from Exactrep which does away with the plastic side covers altogether and uses stock mount points.
Not gonna say you get what you pay for for but it should come with the most basic written instructions I would think.

Yea, it didnt come with any. Lol. I guess they figured it wouldnt take a genius to figure it out. It looks pretty good though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hey folks...need a little insight here. I just got my new chrome grill cover in the mail that I ordered. Im not quite sure how it is supposed to mount on the bike though. If I take the factory black grill cover off, I lose the threads to put the screws back into place because they are welded onto the factory cover. So I tried to put the new one on over top of the old one and it wont fit and looks like shit. How did others do it?? :confused2: :bang head:

Your side grill covers may have to come off if yours like the 1's i have.

Make sure you don't over tighten them the black grill side covers can crack.

Attachments

• IMG_20140407_112405.jpg
    IMG_20140407_112405.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20140407_112355.jpg
    IMG_20140407_112355.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20140407_112432.jpg
    IMG_20140407_112432.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 28
I just installed a flea-bay cover as well, just wondering if anyone else has the problem of the forks hitting the cover in full turn?

I just installed a flea-bay cover as well, just wondering if anyone else has the problem of the forks hitting the cover in full turn?

I did with mine until after 2yr of riding and it finally bent so it dont hit anymore

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Not really my style at all but I'm curious, do any of you guys live in hot climates? Seems like a pretty big air restriction to me, do your bikes run hot?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I have a different just more conservative. In hot weather there is not much difference in my opinion. I only get issues if I keep the coolant too long.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back