Drag Race bike project, gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys about your support.

I'm sorry I can't go forward faster because of busy times at work, studies and total rebuild of another show/street turbobike.

Any (cheaper than £600) aluminum side engine mounts available?

Thanks guys about your support.

I'm sorry I can't go forward faster because of busy times at work, studies and total rebuild of another show/street turbobike.

Any (cheaper than £600) aluminum side engine mounts available?

These are quality parts, I have their caliper tie down brackets.

http://www.vmaxcannonball.com/en/vmax-1700-engine/45-mount-engine-hi-x17-race.html

There is someone here in the states who will be making them soon at a much lower cost.....but I don't know the time frame.

I'd just need one and I could have them made up in aluminum for you. price would be a shit load less then those!

Problem is, is there enough people to buy them? I doubt it, hence the large price tag.

I know $652 seems like alot of coin, but they look pretty quality just from the picture. Even if you could machine them and get them done for $450, thats still alot of money.

If there was demand, just cast them and final machine them and you could probably get them done for $250-300 or maybe slightly less.

Todd

Very nice. Are you machining it yourself?

Todd

Todd...when you buy your Gen 2 and start machining up all the light weight parts....I'l agree to buy 1 of everything you make, to help subsidize your build. :)

Is someone making lighter (titanum) front cylinder exhaust primaries?
A stock primary with a welded heat shield weights 2.0 kg each.

Todd...when you buy your Gen 2 and start machining up all the light weight parts....I'l agree to buy 1 of everything you make, to help subsidize your build. :)

If it was worth while and I had some spare time I would say just send me some factory parts and I ll start !

I just never seem to have time unless its something I really need.

If I find a $8000-9000 gen 2 I ll buy it and start!

Todd

Those will be alot easier than your last one, and probably more fun to design something cosmetic with them too.

I kind of wish I had one to play with. There is so much limitation on aftermarket fun parts, but then again there isn't much of a following either to make it profitable to machine parts ( just like a gen 1 ).

But none the less I enjoy seeing your pictures! Nice work on the TB's.

Todd

Thanks!
The engine side mounts are now in a process.
This is not going to be a show bike.
Will black anodize all the new aluminum parts after the drag race season.
Ordered a strong aluminum drag handlebar from Germany.
Now it is a turn of e-wiring.

Back