Has anyone tried this? Would you recommend it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tried this a long time ago. butchered the seat foam on my superhawk. made it work but it was a pain in the ass. it was a little more comfotable, but, gel gets really hot in the sun. i wouldnt have a gel seat again.

What's the problem?

Well the problem is both me and wife are tall ppl and seems the v-max while being a friggin blast to ride is kinda short for both of us and at 46 I'm not grown up enough to ride a Goldwing. So that being said I'm just trying to find a more comfortable and economical way of make our butts not go numb after about 100 miles. Thanks for any suggestions. I really like this forum all you guys seem really cool here. I have been on forums before for other bikes I have owned and didn't enjoy my time there. So thanks again.

i tried this a long time ago. butchered the seat foam on my superhawk. made it work but it was a pain in the ass. it was a little more comfotable, but, gel gets really hot in the sun. i wouldnt have a gel seat again.

MMmmm..... Well Monkey Butt doesn't sound like fun either, Any suggestions? My posterior end seems to fall asleep after about 100 miles.

I have a similar pad on my Rune for the longer distance stuff, but I placed one of those fake bear rug covers over it. FUGLY as all heck, but it keeps my delicate, fatazz comfy in the long hauls. My pad is similar to this one, only mine, at the time, did not come with it's own cover. (and not nearly as expensive as this one I quickly located on ebay just now.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saddlemen-G...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20e40fddcc&vxp=mtr

I had a factory option gel seat on a previous bike and it was HOT in the Texas sun. I put a sheepskin pad on in the spring/summer/fall and it was fine after that. The sheepskin also considerable reduced sweating and "monkey butt". Won't be getting a gel seat again unless someone figures out a way to reduce the heat gain from the sun.

LOL....that pic was from the camera, about 6 MB. That dodge is a 66 coronet. It has outlasted 3 marriages, and 3 divorces...

Ok sounds like I'm checking out the max gasser, I knew you guys could help, thanx

Well the problem is both me and wife are tall ppl and seems the v-max while being a friggin blast to ride is kinda short for both of us and at 46 I'm not grown up enough to ride a Goldwing. So that being said I'm just trying to find a more comfortable and economical way of make our butts not go numb after about 100 miles. Thanks for any suggestions. I really like this forum all you guys seem really cool here. I have been on forums before for other bikes I have owned and didn't enjoy my time there. So thanks again.

How tall? I can tell you if the MAXGASSER will work , not work or just be to close for anyone butt you to tell (sometimes its just personal preference ), my trial seat is in Iowa right now.

I can also reshape your seat and recover with stock cover or make some "other" secret tricks to make the stock appearing seat more user friendly WITHOUT modifying the appearance at all.

Attachments

• 2011-11-06_10-46-44_748.jpg
    2011-11-06_10-46-44_748.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2012-01-20_19-25-34_994 (1).jpg
    2012-01-20_19-25-34_994 (1).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 25
The GASSER looks like the perfect solution.

The other option would be a Corbin, you'll definitely sit higher. I had several of them and liked them but some people think they are to hard.

Just PM'ed twistedmax, maybe I can get him on the phone we'll hash it out, thinking I need a taller maybe little wider seat, we'll see what he says we can do thanks again you saved me from hacking up my seat and spending money on a gel pad that probably wouldn't have worked anyway, thanks again ! u guys rock :punk:

When I was having my seat recovered I got the guy to cut it down lower and put in a slab of Gel, much like the one below. I've never had problems with long rides (except running out of fuel)

How-to-make-a-Cafe-Racer-Gel-Seat-2.jpg

Back