Best mod you ever did?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
The best mod I have ever done to my bike was my cell phone charger/holder.

1621741_733032016730506_960376010_n.jpg

I can use the GPS, the digital speedo, snap pictures or take video, charge my phone, listen to my music and text all while I ride!

I know alot of people will list performance mods or maybe a set mod. But this is truely the best thing I have ever put on a bike.

Todd

Cruise control on my NRX1832..... tied with the Nash Flash for my Gen II. Followed closely with the big battery box mod on my 85.

Um, no!

Not for me, glad you have the connectivity you want on a bike. I ride a bike to get-away from that 'input!' I spend all-day in-front of a computer, running 'stuff' thru my 'central processor.' When I ride, it's to leave the data behind!

My nomination on this thread is radial tires. No, I'm not gonna wax-poetic about some exotic wheels that cost equal-to the value of my bike, I am going to champion the 'cheap-shot' modded stock rear, and the stock front, w/sensibly-sized tires in a grippy compound. I currently am using Bridgestone BT-023's and am happy w/them.

Nothing I have tried in 21 years of VMax ownership has affected ride dynamics like radial tires.

Excuse me, I gotta take this call from my handlebar mount...:rofl_200:

I have found more back roads to ride on while I am out on a road that I thought was cool by looking at the GPS. That is one reason why I love it. I can just get lost riding and I can see all teh cools roads I would have missed if I didn't have it.

Todd

I have found more back roads to ride on while I am out on a road that I thought was cool by looking at the GPS. That is one reason why I love it. I can just get lost riding and I can see all teh cools roads I would have missed if I didn't have it.

Todd

Yep, that's a good thing to do. Maybe the best-case for a GPS, that, and finding gas stations, or help.

Going out and getting lost is 80% of my riding. The sissy bar is the best mod I've done. My kids love to ride. I can hammer on it a bit and not worry about losing one off the back.

LOL the sissy bar was probably the worst thing I ever did, because I could give it a little extra juice with my wife on the back and it would wheelie more LOL. Plus she DIDNT fall off..... ;)

Todd

Best mod I can come up with is buying my gen II while I eventually take apart my 85' needed something to ride in meantime .. And best mod for gen II NASH FLASH cause without the flash other gen II mods couldn't function

Gen I a MAXGASSER SEAT , GEN II a FINIAL ASS-SETS SEAT

Attachments

• 402290_362565917105354_167347485_n gen II side by side.jpg
    402290_362565917105354_167347485_n gen II side by side.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 2012-01-20_19-26-40_230.jpg
    2012-01-20_19-26-40_230.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 74
I really liked wiring a holder for my cell phone. Most of all because I have the blu tooth helment so I can listen to my jams, plus I have the gps- which was always handy so I could find my home after one of Mike's rides

The best mod I have ever done to my bike was my cell phone charger/holder.

1621741_733032016730506_960376010_n.jpg

I can use the GPS, the digital speedo, snap pictures or take video, charge my phone, listen to my music and text all while I ride!

I know alot of people will list performance mods or maybe a set mod. But this is truely the best thing I have ever put on a bike.

Todd

"Text while I ride". (Never mind the other distractions). Are you serious ? Remind me never to be in your company on two wheels. Or four, or more.
Pure genius, when do you find time to concentrate on the job in hand ? ie riding the bike or do you have an ap for that ?

Chris.

I have a Burns Moto USB outlet that connect directly to the battery (via a SAE connector) that I found out recently that it has a parasitic power draw even when not in use! Well, I missed the warning on the instructions so it drew down my PC680 to nothing. When I turned the key I had no vboost whirr or fuel pump clicking, nothing. But after an 8 hr. charge using a 10 amp charger it's back to life, and now on a battery tender.
In the future I will have to make sure I unplug it at the end of each ride and keep it on my battery tender when possible.
As for my best mod I would have to say either my Morley seat or the Carrozzeria wheels. The seat make the bike comfortable to ride, and the wheels make it handle better and thus more fun to ride.

Removing the CAT on my Gen 2. Gained 12 HP and lost 20 lbs. all in one shot. That's something you can feel in a big way the first time you crack the throttle. :biglaugh:

I am split between the Kuryakyn Iso Grips (WAY more comfortable on my hands than the stock grips were) and the Cobra Slash Cut mufflers. The Cobras dropped at least 20lbs fron the bike, and they have the look and sound I desire. (Yes, I know, I lost a few ponies at the top end, but only above 8500 rpm, and, honestly, when do I really ride turning them engine speeds on the street?)

Forward controls on my daily driver and the Maxgasser seat right after just sealed the deal. I almost consider it one upgrade as they comment each other so perfectly !

"Text while I ride". (Never mind the other distractions). Are you serious ? Remind me never to be in your company on two wheels. Or four, or more.
Pure genius, when do you find time to concentrate on the job in hand ? ie riding the bike or do you have an ap for that ?

Chris.

Chris
I know you don't know me, I figured most people would pick up on that as a joke.

Todd

Back