Wierd battery problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge103

Reaction score
Had the weirdest problem yesterday on my 02 vmax I went to start my bike to go to work and it was about 40 degrees out and when I went to start it, it tried to turn over and then died and the click,click,click o f a dead battery followed. So I hopped in my jeep and left for work, I came home around 2:00 and the temp was up to about 70deg I pull out the charger and am about to charge up the battery but before I do I give it one more shot and wouldn’t you know it fires right up and no problem. Any ideas?

^ It sounds like you need to check the fluid level (if it's a conventional wet-cell) and charge that battery.
A low/weak battery will have trouble starting our bike when it's cold.
It may even be almost dead, you could take it to just about any auto parts store and have it load tested for free.

And it never hurts to run through this guide and check your charging system:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19108

ok ill take a more in depth look at the batt itself, Thanks.

I'm thinking possibly a dirty/loose connection on the hot or neg cable ends at batt, solenoid, starter, engine or frame, could be a weak solenoid also................Tom.

My bet is Dennis is spot on with his diagnosis. That battery is simply getting down to where it is nip and tuck......temperature dependent upon whether or not it'll do the job of cranking. Service may pull it through, and buy more time with it.

My bet is Dennis is spot on with his diagnosis. That battery is simply getting down to where it is nip and tuck......temperature dependent upon whether or not it'll do the job of cranking. Service may pull it through, and buy more time with it.

Had this same problem with a new truck last week. We got a new dodge 5500 at work. The truck didn't want to start after sitting overnight. All the lights worked, everything seemed normal. It has maybe 1000 miles. After starting for the day, it would be fine till the next morning.

Took it to the dealer for a warranty repair and they said it was a bad battery. Been starting just fine since it was replaced.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Back