rear foot peg relocators

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have some to lift them up for kids to ride along. i think 5-6"?

You want to move the rear pegs? How much do you need them moved?

Well I would have to measure to be sure. They would be for my wife. She is tall and complained that the rear ones are too high. If I had to guess I would say out around my pipes 3 to 4 inches and down about the same. I found some on Cycle-isitic but they are not for the v-max. Was thinking about contacting them to see if maybe they have some that would fit or maybe I could modify the ones they sell for the Magna

You may want to consider this choice very carefully. It's not uncommon to get the bike in a lean enough that anything below the muffler would hit. You could consider forward controls and then let her use your original peg position.

You may want to consider this choice very carefully. It's not uncommon to get the bike in a lean enough that anything below the muffler would hit. You could consider forward controls and then let her use your original peg position.

Damnit Sean! Why the hell couldn't I think of a solution like that! And if he is long legged as well, that could work out to be the best solution, possibly making the bike more comfy for him as well.

9k=
http://centralmich.craigslist.org/mcy/4424959089.htmlwaas thinking maybe this would make some good footpeg relocators just have to talk the wife into it LOL

Thats exactly what I did modified a set of pegs from kyle and put in original position.. it was some cutting and grinding the shifter side because of where the shift was and grinding the inside of brake side to allow the brake rod to fit between it and engine. Then just shimmed them out with washers.. I've been meening to have my dad make stainless spacer but haven't yet.. its not horrible I use it often but your feet are about 1-2" out further away from engine.. also when amanda (my fiance) uses them she likes it because she has knee problems so it stretches out her leg. BUT when you come to a stop her leg interferes when I put my left leg down. So when we stop she has to get used to moving her leg back to passanger pegs.. ill look for pictures.. if I dont have any ill take them.. im 6'4" and it gives me 3 riding positions and I actually use the passanger pegs sometimes riding by myself.. is it safe probably now because it takes so Lon to get my foot on the fwd controls but there is always the hand brake

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well I would have to measure to be sure. They would be for my wife. She is tall and complained that the rear ones are too high. If I had to guess I would say out around my pipes 3 to 4 inches and down about the same. I found some on Cycle-isitic but they are not for the v-max. Was thinking about contacting them to see if maybe they have some that would fit or maybe I could modify the ones they sell for the Magna

Hey Scuff, sorry I just found this thread. The ones we make will fit the first-gen VMax. The only problem you might have is that they will put the peg right next to the centerstand kick lever. But they can be removed in a couple of minutes when she won't be riding with you, or when you need to use the centerstand. -Dobie
http://www.cycle-istic.com/peg-extenders/

Back