Valve cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darksunshade

Reaction score
Good afternoon guys, Question I have been noticing that the valve cover seems like its letting oil seep out very light but it has me worried. Do i need to put another valve cover gasket?

Trying to tighten those bolts often ends in snapping one off in a cam cap. You can see if they are snug.

I'd assume they are. If so, the gasket will need replaced if you want to fix your leak. Those gaskets seem to get little cracks in them. I had to do it on my '06.

Not hard but there are a lot of parts to remove to get the room you need

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Without wishing to state the obvious, make sure the retaining fasteners are torqued down correctly. Back the bolts off first before re-torqueing to the correct value.

You would need to inspect the seal to see if there is any obvious reasons why it is weeping.
If there are no obvious issues then either a smear of silicon or hylomar types sealers is worth a try.

I have a couple of leaks from around the D's (using a non Yameringha seal) which was sorted with a little silicon sealer.

Worth a try first as the seals aren't cheap.

Back