Nasty noises.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effingidiot

Reaction score
U.K. A soldier of life,just soldiering throu.
Put my vmax on the centre stand,this is first time iv'e done this.Started the mother up,stuck it in gear,all the gears select nicely but the noise coming from the middle drive sounds like a load of ball bearings,also a noise i can only describe a battery opperated DIY drill.Am a bit dissapointed,was going for mot tomorrow.Av not looked yet,hope it's not an engine out job.

Put my vmax on the centre stand,this is first time iv'e done this.Started the mother up,stuck it in gear,all the gears select nicely but the noise coming from the middle drive sounds like a load of ball bearings,also a noise i can only describe a battery opperated DIY drill.Am a bit dissapointed,was going for mot tomorrow.Av not looked yet,hope it's not an engine out job.

Hi
If it was fine up to that point I'm going to say it's the free play slapping around in there.

Dave

Hi
If it was fine up to that point I'm going to say it's the free play slapping around in there.

Dave
The drive shaft is fine,the final drive oil was clean,i cant see it being the middle drive because the oil was good before i changed it.,am sure its something to do with the clutch,the noise seems to be coming from the clutch pushrod area.What i really wanna hear that it's something simple,and i don't need to take the engine out.

Have you puled the differential and looked at the nut under the driveshaft ? sometimes they come lose or it breaks & makes a horrible noise that runs up the drive line & sounds like it is in the motor.

Try lightly applying the brake and see if the noise changes to check for this.
cant understand it,seemt to be ok this morning.Clutch was working,then no preasure on the lever.Took the clutch slave cylender off and cleaned it up,checked the pushrod,put it back together and now it seems to be ok.I have not a clue what caused it.

Back