Wont rev

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aitchy

Reaction score
Hi all just like to say hi to everybody ( new member) I have a 1986 vmax with 12 k on the clock it has not been started for 2 /3 years :bang head: put a new battery on last week and it started on all four but will not rev just cuts out i spoke to h from extrap great guy but not like keep pestering him all the time he said it will be the carbs all gunged up i have the pistons as i call them were really stiff left hand side could not move them at all hardley so i have cleaned them as best i could and thought this might have solved the promlem (I wish lol ) do you guys think its carbs off time for a full clean up and is it a job i could do myself not much of a mecanic or speller :ummm: or would i be better of getting somebody to do it for me any info please thanks in advance aitchy.

Welcome aitchy, Sounds like carb off time. After sitting that long, there probably gummed up. Also check your fuel tank for rust and crud, change the fuel filters. There's guys here that provide carb cleaning service. Dannymax, Morleys muscle, but I'm not sure where your located.

Latest posts

Back