Bad Luck during routine Morley HD Oiler installation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh..well of course the washer was probably never in there in the first place and everything is fine now. I put the engine back together and rode it about 20 miles at which time at about 40 mph the front tire suddenly lost all pressure. I wouldn't say it blew out, but it went flat instantly.

my boss had assured me the tires were OK. LOL. Fortunately I was going in a straight line and am pretty strong so, due to having been shot at a lot in the past, I did not panic and applied the rear brake lightly until I stopped. I had my buddy get out of bed and bring our MC Trailer and I hauled it back to my house where it sits on it's center stand and a stack of 2x4's. The forks are at Seans. The wheels have new tires on them and I am waiting for the money to gut the hubs on both wheels and replace everything in this 28 year old bike's wheels. Also got a Venture Differential from Sean and will install that.

After finding my o-ring blown out, I would not buy a VMax and then ride it without first installing this kit. Now that I know what to do, I bet I could install one without incident. I wrote a long involved instruction PDF file and sent it to Sean. I think he will include it in his new website...coming soon?

I highly recommend this kit for anyone. And if your engine is out and the cases are split, you are a total fool if you don't install one. I can even find neutral from idle now.

Back