Can I get a opinion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the bike running !!!!! Sounds great, but the fuel pump didn't seem to do the 5 second run with the key first turned on. Had to power the pump with the batt. to fill the carbs, then it started. Once running, it never seemed to starve for fuel ever. I had it running till the temp fan kicked in.

I checked the fuel pump relay input voltage and its 11VDC , then checked the output and its 0 VDC with the key first turned on ( bike not running )

I did unplug the pump with it running and let it run the floats down. Turned it off , then turned the key back on. The pump ran till the bowls were full again.

Anyone know what is going on here? Is the fuel relay going on the fritz?

I've got the bike running !!!!! Sounds great, but the fuel pump didn't seem to do the 5 second run with the key first turned on. Had to power the pump with the batt. to fill the carbs, then it started. Once running, it never seemed to starve for fuel ever. I had it running till the temp fan kicked in.

I checked the fuel pump relay input voltage and its 11VDC , then checked the output and its 0 VDC with the key first turned on ( bike not running )

I did unplug the pump with it running and let it run the floats down. Turned it off , then turned the key back on. The pump ran till the bowls were full again.

Anyone know what is going on here? Is the fuel relay going on the fritz?

Saweet!! Glad your back in business :) maybe the relay is starting to go south but I think I'd just roll with it for know, might have just been a fluke. Feels good knowing you did it all yourself doesn't it? Hopefully I'll be assembling my 1500 soon too! :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I'm sayin!!! This never ending winter is really starting to effect my attitude.... lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Keep in mind unless the bike is running the fuel pump will only run for about 5 seconds then shut off until you crank it again (or turn the bike off and on).

That's the part that has me scratching my head Sean. When I turn the key on the pump doesn't run at all. But when it's r running the pump seems to operate fine.

If the bowls are full, it won't click on startup. Drain the bowls and turn it on to confirm.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back