is this really what a stock vmax sounds like?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbraz7

Reaction score
This is my first vmax, and ive never seen or heard a vmax in person before... I bought it with electrical problems and fixed it so now it runs. I know it has full kerker 4 into 1 exhaust, buts all I saw that has been done to it. Does this sound like a stock motor or has it been modified? It sounds like a MONSTER!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQmQm9JCrhk

Sounds normal with a Kerker with the loud baffles. Your idle seems to be set a bit low.

Wait until you get that baby rung out to 9 grand, that kerker will sound more like Godzilla on steroids!:punk:
Hard to tell without seeing what jets and whatnot in the carbs what's been done to it. A dyno would tell more yet.

^^^^^^^^ DAAAAMM ! LOOKING HOT AND THANK YOU FOR MORE EYEBALL CANDY now back to regular post nice bike !

Absolutely!! Nice rear wheel but damn BB....I nearly went into withdrawal! :rofl_200:

Oh yeah.....good sounding VMax.....that's why the Harley guys don't like us....we got the sound AND can back it up!! :biglaugh:

I got it up to 9 grand today, it is a total beast! I could feel the rear wheel break loose goin' through the gears! I think i'm going to like this bike!

Wait until you get that baby rung out to 9 grand, that kerker will sound more like Godzilla on steroids!:punk:
Hard to tell without seeing what jets and whatnot in the carbs what's been done to it. A dyno would tell more yet.

How much would a dyno cost? and do you recommend any place in the Tulsa area for that?

How much would a dyno cost? and do you recommend any place in the Tulsa area for that?
I have no idea what available in your area for a dyno, but maybe someone more local to you might have some leads. I suggested a dyno as a way to find out what kind of power your beast might have. If you have way above the norm for a pipe and jet kit it would suggest that some internal engine work had been done. If you do have big numbers the only way to tell for sure what you have would be to pull some engine covers and heads.

Where's your pipe?
Dave, he mentioned that he has a Kerker pipe.

Yeah. I saw that part. I didn't know if the vid he posted was of his bike or someone elses... It certainly does sound like a stock max, just one running headers only.

Ya that was my bike. I haven't measured the diameter of the pipe, but its the 4 into 1 kerker. I have the muffler, I just didn't have it on in the video cause I was prepping it for paint.

Ya that was my bike. I haven't measured the diameter of the pipe, but its the 4 into 1 kerker. I have the muffler, I just didn't have it on in the video cause I was prepping it for paint.

That makes sense. It sounds good to me, either way.

Latest posts

Back