How to adjust vboost cable

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
This shows how to adjust the cable tension to ensure vboost valves are opening fully. If too tight then the valves will bind to the open position.

Here's the vboost adjuster. Might as well check the vboost sync!

IMG032.jpg

Turn on the key and turn off once vboost cycles open. Use a couple of fingers as shown here to make sure valve is full open. If it's not open all the way, loosen screw in previous picture and move it forward or rearward depending on how it's currently set.

IMG033.jpg

LoL. We need to hook up, it's been too long! We're due for some good riding. I'm out of beer, time to go to the grocery store.

Did you at least buy her dinner before you plugged up both holes like that???

when adjusting the vboost cable does the little piece of plastic that has the adjustment screw on it wiggle around or should that be tight:ummm:

It'll wiggle a bit. Make sure screw is tight but not overly tight.

would this be the cause if my v-boost comes on at like 7000-7500 rather than 6000 ? OR could there be a leak at the carb diaphrams... i do not notice the slides working when i crack the throttle with the airbox off the bike... Hmm. no vaccum?

What is that on the adjustment screw? Removed the stage 7 and in the process of putting the vboost back. Had to source just about all vboost parts and thought I had everything but don't have that. Doesn't show up on any parts diagrams for OEM part venders. Does it attach to the cable connector block?

This shows how to adjust the cable tension to ensure vboost valves are opening fully. If too tight then the valves will bind to the open position.

Here's the vboost adjuster. Might as well check the vboost sync!

IMG032.jpg

Turn on the key and turn off once vboost cycles open. Use a couple of fingers as shown here to make sure valve is full open. If it's not open all the way, loosen screw in previous picture and move it forward or rearward depending on how it's currently set.

IMG033.jpg
g

Last edited:
That secures the connector block to the Vboost bracket. To remove slack, loosen it, cycle key/vboost, tighten it back up.

Thanks maleko89, so it does connect to the cable connector block. Does it clip on or is there a fastener. Having a real hard time finding it. Contacted Sean Morley to see if he has a used one. I would think with all the stage 7 conversions they would be plentiful.

Last edited:
Yes, there's a insert in there that slides. Screw is 3 mm machine screw. Mine isn't an OEM screw.
image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Excellent pics! I have the cable connector block and screw. The part I'm looking for is right next to it on same bracket. I have searched over an hour trying to find part #. Your finger is pointing right on it in the first pic of this thread.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. That part is included with the butterfly valve assembly....part 1UT-13510-00-00. You're right, you can't buy that new anymore so used or asking Seah Morley will be your best bet.

I knew that part was on the Intake fiche and you can see it on the diagram. No part number is associated with it but is boxed in with the butterflies.

Latest posts

Back