Tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Rocker

Reaction score
I have read about every thread about tires on this forum and I knkw that Shinkos seem to be the tire of choice for many, I think I'm going to go with Michelin Commander II's. Size 170/80-15 rear and 110/90-18 front. I want the wider tire in the rear and quicker turning in the front. I have a set of Shinkos TM 230's on my V65 Magna and the front tire didn't stay balanced very long. They are sticky and I hope the Michelins just as sticky.

I have read about every thread about tires on this forum and I knkw that Shinkos seem to be the tire of choice for many, I think I'm going to go with Michelin Commander II's. Size 170/80-15 rear and 110/90-18 front. I want the wider tire in the rear and quicker turning in the front. I have a set of Shinkos TM 230's on my V65 Magna and the front tire didn't stay balanced very long. They are sticky and I hope the Michelins just as sticky.

I've had Michelin Commander IIs(170/80-15 rear and 110/90-18 front) installed on my bike since the summer of 2015 and have put almost 20,000 miles on them. Good riding and handling tires....I love them.

Quite a few people on here will use dynabeads to actively balance their tires.

Both good tires. I still run the Shinko's just because they are so sticky. It helps that I have my own tire machine & balancer & don't have to pay anyone to change them so I don't mind if I don't get quite the longevity out of them.

Latest posts

Back