Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings from The Land of the Midnight Sun., Whitehorse Yukon Canada

Thanks for the add. Looking to buy a 2006 Max with 15,000 miles on it for $4000.00 Cdn. Has a few mods; headers piping, buffed up suspension, Stage one jet kit, saddle bags, radio, luggage rack, windshield, etc. Been looking at buying A Max since I bought the 1986 Fazer, which at the time was considered the mini Max.

Greetings from The Land of the Midnight Sun., Whitehorse Yukon Canada

Thanks for the add. Looking to buy a 2006 Max with 15,000 miles on it for $4000.00 Cdn. Has a few mods; headers piping, buffed up suspension, Stage one jet kit, saddle bags, radio, luggage rack, windshield, etc. Been looking at buying A Max since I bought the 1986 Fazer, which at the time was considered the mini Max.

Missed out on the bike, as we were on holidays. There are two others both 1997's with 25,000 miles and 15,000 miles, both have many mods, $4200.00 and $5800.00. Thoughts folks?

Joined about a month ago. Introduced myself, relayed a little story, and was 'reminded' that I didn't post any pics. Well, here ya go. Just got through synching carbs this evening. Runs MUCH better now! (Pics from the day I got it - new tires and much cleaner now)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 16
Joined about a month ago. Introduced myself, relayed a little story, and was 'reminded' that I didn't post any pics. Well, here ya go. Just got through synching carbs this evening. Runs MUCH better now! (Pics from the day I got it - new tires and much cleaner now)

Looks good:punk:

Re: Introduction

Thanks for the welcome David.

I joined the VMOA tech list and have read most the archive. Found the outlaw max site which has been helpful.
I guess my point was that when I've joined other street bike forums (CBR / R1) they have tens of thousands of members. Anything you can think of had been done by at least a few of them.

Glad to be here, hope to contribute to the community.

scratch

This is THE place for V-max info. Yes. The outlaw site, Lvlhead, and others have plenty of info and what not, but this place is an incredible community of well-informed, supportive, knowledgeable, enthusiastic owners of a bike others regard like you did years ago. I've been stopped in parking lots when riding with my friend on a completely bonkers decked out ultra classic for guys to talk about how they had a friend/uncle/cousin/etc that had a V-max while nobody even looked at his bike.

Welcome to the forum. Anything you can think of is on here, and if you think of something new, we'll all be happy to go through the experience with you.

Hello everybody! I've been lurking around here for quite a while and am finally getting around to introduce myself.

My name is Travis, and I'm too have caught the Vmax bug!

I have been riding almost 10 years now (boy has it been that long lol) My first bike was a susuki gs 850, then an 86 kawasaki vulcan 750, on to a honda v45 barn find(fastest 750 cruiser i had ever ridden! lol) She was a bit rough, but fun to ride ;)

32809836705_62e05355c8_z.jpg

Which is actually the bike that got me on the trail of a vmax. After a lot of wishing and dreaming, I finally got on last year! Isnt she a beauty?

32656610222_f18119fc2f_z.jpg

32656611592_a43fa89b9f_z.jpg

That was on a nice 350 mile solo ride last summer down to Lake Rathbun

Here is a pic of my first mod;

32656609222_1b1591ea22_z.jpg

I have added a second clutch spring, just got done setting the valve clearances, and plan to add an exhaust and jet kit before riding season hits again :D

I have picked up a lot from this site and am excited to learn more, I also look forward to meeting some fellow addicts.

Thanks everyone!
Travis

Last edited:
Thanks Maxers, xlr8d Max here and glad to find the time to get acquainted with the forum. Got my '04 V-max a couple of months ago, she's an ('ol girl) but has plenty of spunk to get the heart racing! My last bike was a low-as-you-can-go cruiser, that scraped the pipes every other time I made a right turn. But, my stock Max is more along the height of a sport bike. Anybody know if a gen 2 rear wheel would fit the stock Swingarm of a gen 1? I've viewed the tire section on this forum, but found no answers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everybody! I've been lurking around here for quite a while and am finally getting around to introduce myself.

My name is Travis, and I'm too have caught the Vmax bug!

I have been riding almost 10 years now (boy has it been that long lol) My first bike was a susuki gs 850, then an 86 kawasaki vulcan 750, on to a honda v45 barn find(fastest 750 cruiser i had ever ridden! lol) She was a bit rough, but fun to ride ;)

32809836705_62e05355c8_z.jpg

Which is actually the bike that got me on the trail of a vmax. After a lot of wishing and dreaming, I finally got on last year! Isnt she a beauty?

32656610222_f18119fc2f_z.jpg

32656611592_a43fa89b9f_z.jpg

That was on a nice 350 mile solo ride last summer down to Lake Rathbun

Here is a pic of my first mod;

32656609222_1b1591ea22_z.jpg

I have added a second clutch spring, just got done setting the valve clearances, and plan to add an exhaust and jet kit before riding season hits again :D

I have picked up a lot from this site and am excited to learn more, I also look forward to meeting some fellow addicts.

Thanks everyone!
Travis

Definitely do some reading in the carb/tuning forum before selecting a jet kit. I started out with a Stage 1 (sucked) and ended up with a Morleys Muscle jet kit/air box mod. It's totally worth the $$, the bike is just vicious now.

I like the Kerker, it's loud but not obnoxious. Some pipes are very loud and actually hurt performance while others help out a bit, good reading on that here too. Welcome!!

Thanks for the welcome. Its funny you suggested that setup, because thats what i am going for ;). I have been in touch with Sean and discussed some of my options. Just waiting for the funding :D

Gidday from 42 below.

Well my Vmax will be down my way in 8 days when my mate drops it off saving me lots in shipping- not that Im counting days...

Its an '02 with Over mufflers, braided lines, Barnett clutch and some other fruit.

I am bucket listing my way through bikes I lusted for 20 years ago. I kept the magazines, its cool to re read them.
My 96 900SS was written off from an earthquake throwing it over. Least painful crash I ever had though!
That was cool, flatslides, carbon cans etc but it hated to be ridden slowly. She was a bad girl....

Anyway I wanted a Max since I got into bikes and Ill have one soon. I dont have immediate plans to modify it (or the spare money) so Ill enjoy it as it is. I am tempted to paint it orange. Must be from racing a KTM motard for a few years, I cant help it.

This is a great forum, really helpful and not full of egos and abuse.

Greetings from Central Florida,

I just showed up on the forum because I am quite interested in the possibility of obtaining a VMAX as a replacement for my current bike (Yamaha FJ09). I did the cruiser thing (one Triumph and three Harleys) and now the more sporty thing. My next bike will probably be the keeper before I settle back into four wheels as I can see by the writing on the wall (arthritis and old injuries) the days of fast pace fun are numbered, but not over. I am here to investigate first hand experiences with the VMAX as an every day commuting ride. My bike is my sole means of transportation and I do about 70 miles a day six days a week. So, have at it, is the MAX a bike that would be to stand up to that for say, four or five years? Additionally, anyone have one with REAL high miles?

Looking forward to the input.

Well, you'll be really good friends with the guys at the gas station for sure, doc. :) swap out your seat, and you'll be happy. There are plenty of maxes out there with over 100k miles on them. The motor is fantastic (2nd gear maybe not so much) especially when you keep your carbs synched.

Back