Interesting development

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The mongrel

Reaction score
So, i'v fitted some combined led turn signals and running lights today.

They are great little things. I'v fitted a controller to each side that turns the white light off when the turn signal is working, as you can see in the last pic above.

Now, i fitted the right hand side (looking at the bike) no problems all working fine.....then got the left hand side wired up with the air scoop resting on that old stool to test before re-fitting.

Again, all working fine. Soon as i fitted the air scoop back on the bike the turn signal stopped working on that side (left)
Taking the scoop off again i could hear electricity arcing between the air scoop mounting bolt and the frame.
So it seems somehow my frame or the air scoop is live! WTF?
The stock turn signals were working fine before and i cant see that i'v pinched any wires or anything.

I'v had to leave the job until tomorrow now so thought i'd shout up on here and see if anyone had any ideas......diagnosing electrical faults is my idea of a nightmare

Cheers all.....adam

Cheers chaps, i'v got some plain amber ones for the rear too. They will go either side of the tail light under the fender

Redbone, they are as bright as any mini led blinkers. But they have a proper glass condenser lens which focuses and increases the intensity nicely

Just to put this one to bed fellas

I failed to check the obvious.....the alu casing to the led was live and conducting through the mesh and mesh screws to the air scoop
I'v isolated the led and all is fine...i'll replace it anyway though

Latest posts

Back