Drag Race bike project, gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going fast on a motorcycle is more about shaving weight then it is about making power. You get far more advantages by doing the weight first. The lighter front end, single caliper/rotor/line, homemade brackets to replace the OEM heavier duty brackets, ect...

Sounds like you want a street bike that LOOKS like a drag bike with the second thing being to go fast. Really no different then most guys on here.

Sean

Going fast on a motorcycle is more about shaving weight then it is about making power. You get far more advantages by doing the weight first. The lighter front end, single caliper/rotor/line, homemade brackets to replace the OEM heavier duty brackets, ect...

Sounds like you want a street bike that LOOKS like a drag bike with the second thing being to go fast. Really no different then most guys on here.

Sean

And most guys think they have a race bike when they don't lol. Not to say they aren't fast, but huge difference between fast and consistent.

Weight is the key for sure. But you do cross a line where hp takes over and is needed.

Todd

SuperGasBike class' fixed index is 9.5s, so no need to be much faster.
The bike will never been registered.

If you're a light rider then that bracket will be easy to get to. BUT, you may want to install a slick and bar since that class allows it. The bike will be much more consistent which is what is going to win the races. Plus, if you can shave weight and misc to make the bike faster it wont have to be run as hard and will give you the ability to slow it down to the desired index thus taking stress away from the engine.

Again, if you are trying for a true race bike I haven't seen that approach yet.

You could use a two step and stutter it if your track allows it.

Probably 20 or so years ago we used to stutter a 9.90 car to 12.90 and run brackets. It would run 12.9x's @13x mph and piss people off all the time till the track changed its rules.

Todd

SuperGasBike class' fixed index is 9.5s, so no need to be much faster.
The bike will never been registered.

why not do a few good mods run your 9.5s and still have fun with it on the street..
The title says Drag Race bike project I was waiting to see a turbo chain conversion or something and something shooting for the low 8 second range at least ... 9.5s are common already on street ridden gen2 Vmax with the right rider

I'm not loosing any crank or wheel HP because of a wide tire. A cheap (Dynojet) inertia dyno only shows less rwhp when a heavier wheel.
Bigger weight and wheel inertia of a wide tyre is not good at a drag strip, but a better friction is.

:ummm: guess some a lot of Dyno's need to get fixed a lot of guys have did the 200 tire vs the 240 and the all loose 7-8 Hp at the rear with the 240 set up:ummm: unless you go with the carbon fiber wheels

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Yamaha-VMAX+C270.aspx

The title says Drag Race bike project I was waiting to see a turbo chain conversion or something and something shooting for the low 8 second range at least ...

The new bike might get HKS supercharger (from Yamaha SVHO jet) for season 2015. That's why I started with potential ECU and E85. Let's see at first, how V-Max is cooperating at the coming season.

I have an other chain converted E85 turbo IC stroker big bore bike for street and show use to have fun:biglaugh:.

The injector info I did ask??

Ha ha....yes that front motor mount is ridiculously heavy!

I did make an effort to have these made out of 7075 Al but I couldn't get enough interest to make it worthwhile.

You can get aluminum side mounts from Exactrep.

That's a pitty.
I will make it by welding four machined parts.

Make two! I'll buy the uglier one from you. LOL

I'll even pay up front, just tell me what you want for it.

Mark

i have some titanium raw stock. could maybe have some made but it wont be cheap!

Latest posts

Back