Turbo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
Was wondering if any of you guys know a turbo running vmax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure anyone on here has one currently up and running but it's been done before on both the gen 1's and gen 2's.

I have seen some vids on YouTube of them and they're pretty sick. I think it would be really fun to play with but one project at a time lol

Here's one you might be interested in. It just needs a bit of polishing...

It will alleviate your 'boat anchor' issues! I was told it will result in a significant upgrade. It's from an 1800 cc engine, so plenty of boost for a 1200.

attachment.php

Can't find it. Seen the blower super charger tho.

Attachments

• Kawi blower.jpg
    Kawi blower.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 169
That's a beaut. I'm not looking for crazy power like that lol. Or am I lol.... [emoji848]

Well, got a free holset turbo from the brother in law tonight, it's pretty small, looks to be perfect size actually. For free, I won't bitch one bit. Any suggestions from you fellow vmaxers

Here's a few pics (i've got many more of the build)

Attachments

• LIQUIDATION_INVENTORY_PICTURES_278.jpg
    LIQUIDATION_INVENTORY_PICTURES_278.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 88
  • LIQUIDATION_INVENTORY_PICTURES_282.jpg
    LIQUIDATION_INVENTORY_PICTURES_282.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 92
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 91
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 84
Here's a few pics (i've got many more of the build)

Please, post them all lol. I will need plenty of ideas and they will most definitely spark from a great build.
What kind of turbo are you running, and what size is it?

Great pics, and beautiful work. Mine definitely won't be that fancy lol. You run the turbo on a carbureted set up?

This is a good site for some theory, its focus is on aviation, but you will learn basics of forced induction, both turbos and superchargers.
http://www.pacificaviationmuseum.org/pearl-harbor-blog/superchargers-and-turbochargers

The pics of vintage piston-powered aircraft are very interesting. Below, a Lockheed P-38 Lightning, using two Packard-manufactured Rolls-Royce Merlin-design engines capable of 1600 HP each. Thank its turbochargers. One of my uncles who was a civil engineer after the war flew the reconnaissance version of this plane, the P4/P5. This was a serious mission plane, it didn't have guns or cannons, (no armament) or even paint! Too-much weight. This made it seriously fast, and w/a high ceiling. My uncle said, "I did have a gun, I had my .45!"

image009.png

Damn, no weapons lol. Very interesting, and tip the hat to those who'd served our country. We all enjoy the liberties from their services. Thanks for the infor too. I'm sure this will be a fun project, and time consuming as well. Thanks to all who share info. [emoji946]

Latest posts

Back