crash bar or highway pegs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blyoth

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 04 that came with some accessories. I assume this is some kind of crash bar or something. It's quit comfortable to put your feet on except it's slick. Has anyone ever modified one of these by adding something to keep your feet from slipping off?

IMG_3912_zpsq806nogg.jpg

They are intended to be crash bars but its very popular to adapt a set of highway pegs onto them.

Sean actually welds a set of passenger pegs on the ends and then powdercoats them. The pegs can flip up if not being used so they don't stick out too far. It looks pretty good.

Or, you can just buy any peg and attach as you see fit with a tube clamp.

I have some Kuryakyn highway pegs (black) that are hard to notice unless you look close.

All these pictures were taken the same day and the last two are the same picture but with the last one zoomed it a bit.

772005.jpg 772002.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg Sliders hiway pegs.jpg

I have the same setup. Those are hollow, so I took off the end cap emblems and drilled a hole in each crash guard to mount foot pegs or slider spools using an Allen head bolt. Had a set of spools lying around so those got mounted after the crash guards were powdercoated. The spools will act as a foot stop, but I never put my feet up there, so no need for pegs. I use the rear passenger pegs.

I recently purchased an 04 that came with some accessories. I assume this is some kind of crash bar or something. It's quit comfortable to put your feet on except it's slick. Has anyone ever modified one of these by adding something to keep your feet from slipping off?

IMG_3912_zpsq806nogg.jpg

They are intended to be crash bars but its very popular to adapt a set of highway pegs onto them.

Sean actually welds a set of passenger pegs on the ends and then powdercoats them. The pegs can flip up if not being used so they don't stick out too far. It looks pretty good.

Or, you can just buy any peg and attach as you see fit with a tube clamp.

I'm new to the forum so I don't know Sean. That's kind of what I was hoping to find someone that maybe alters them to make safer highway pegs. I would like to see a picture of those with the flip up pegs.

I'm new to the forum so I don't know Sean. That's kind of what I was hoping to find someone that maybe alters them to make safer highway pegs. I would like to see a picture of those with the flip up pegs.

Super good guy. The best way to contact him is email. So email him, and say that your interested in seeing some pics of the engine guards with the foot pegs on them. His email is [email protected]

Sean Morley

Are they yam crash bars?......they do look handy for highway pegs

That is one sweet looking bike. Out of curiosity, what exhaust is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I am pretty proud of it. It only had 2127 miles on it. Looks show room new. Currently it has UFO Quadzillas. They are a little on the loud side for my 56 year old self. If I was 20 years younger maybe. I have ordered an exhaust system from Mark. It will probably be after the New Year before he can get it out to me. The UFO system will be for sale eventually.

Thanks. I am pretty proud of it. It only had 2127 miles on it. Looks show room new. Currently it has UFO Quadzillas. They are a little on the loud side for my 56 year old self. If I was 20 years younger maybe. I have ordered an exhaust system from Mark. It will probably be after the New Year before he can get it out to me. The UFO system will be for sale eventually.

Which system did you go with?

Which system did you go with?

The 4 into 2 with 14" cans. I researched them on this forum. I have not found anyone not satisfied with Marks. From what I can tell the fit and sound is great.

Latest posts

Back