I'm Addicted To The Late Night Knife Show!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Am I Crazy???

Been watching the CC (Cutlery Corner) late night for years. Actually got addicted when they had segments on HSN a few years back. They are a Frost affiliate and sell things across several venues.

Bought a few dealer specials for resale, but still have all the knives (over 1500). Then the sword, bowie, and battle axe fever hit, and I got out of control. Had to have this sword and matching bowie with cocobolo wood handles called "Lion Heart".

Now on Friday-Sunday I find myself waking up if I'm not already awake and turning on this show just to watch at 3 Am EST.???? Haven't bought anything in about 2 years, but the show is a hoot.

Often the hosts cut themselves trying to display knives and swords live on the air. WTF is wrong with me???

Wifey always asks me to turn it down and hates old dudes voice for background, but I can't sleep without it.

http://www.cutlerycorner.net/default.aspx

http://www.frostcutlery.com/

These Olive Wood knives are driving me crazy!!!

http://www.cutlerycorner.net/default.aspx?content=detail&list_type=&id=8017

:bang head:

Neil

Ooops...

Guess a picture would help explain my cause??? Maybe not???

I want more knives :biglaugh:

That's the Skull Island sword with removable matching dagger BTW!!!

Seriously WTF is wrong with this???

Neil

Attachments

• cc_swordfest.jpg
    cc_swordfest.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 40
I have purchased two different sets from the guys on a few years ago. They disappeared from my cable system for a couple years and have just recently returned but with different hosts. I understand the addiction...:th_help:

I have purchased two different sets from the guys on a few years ago. They disappeared from my cable system for a couple years and have just recently returned but with different hosts. I understand the addiction...:th_help:

25 minutes and counting...they always blow out swords on the Sunday/Monday show. If I was a flea market person, the pocket knife section would pay booth fees for weeks!

What sets did you get???

Ooops...

Guess a picture would help explain my cause??? Maybe not???

I want more knives :biglaugh:

That's the Skull Island sword with removable matching dagger BTW!!!

Seriously WTF is wrong with this???

Neil

Neil,

I don't see where there is anything wrong with that. Knives are your passion.

As V Max owners I think we can all understand that.

Beautiful cutlery, what kind of wood are those blocks? Cedar? Looks like nice stuff for a steamer trunk.

Oh no, not another passion!! :bang head:

dan

Neil my man you are not alone. I bought in the early 90's a Gil Hibben knife (I think it was the raptor), then it was the dragon lord. then every fantasy knife in gold he put out every year to come.

Since several broadswords, scottish dirks, battle axes, maces and a pike or two have entered my collection.

I too know all too well the gotstahaveit disorder :biglaugh: But I'm paying $900/mo for fuel, I've had to curb my spending on both my cutlery and Vmax.

Attachments

• P1020043.JPG
    P1020043.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 18
  • P1020044.jpg
    P1020044.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 19
  • P1020045.jpg
    P1020045.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 20
Knives scare me, so I collect cotton balls.

Joking, that is quite a display Neil, I can see why you are into knives. I think it's just a guy thing, we like knives, guns and shit with power that goes fast.

25 minutes and counting...they always blow out swords on the Sunday/Monday show. If I was a flea market person, the pocket knife section would pay booth fees for weeks!

What sets did you get???

Don't remember the name or numbers. First set had 20 knives, one 13" fixed blade Survival Knife and the rest various folding knives. The second had 75 knives, one 13" fixed blade, one 15" fixed blade, 5 multi-function and the rest various folders. Make great gifts for your friends birthdays and Christmas.

Not into the cutlery (or cotton balls), but can relate to the addiction of collecting.

Believe it or not, the wife and I are into collecting..............pictures. Old timey pictures by the artist Paul Detlefsen. House is full of them. Some of his pictures of trains are spilling over into my office even. I don't feel right if I ain't stopping at every antique and/or flea market everywhere we ride (or dirve) on the weekends.

All the way to Sturgis last year, and again all the way to Daytona this spring, we were always looking for the next antique or flea market.

I'd rather collect cars and bikes like Jay Leno, but that takes way more money.

Go figure.

Collecting must be a good thing.

:eusa_dance:

Well, I dont feel so bad after all!!!

KJ - Awesome stuff there...great display cases for your bowies!

Just for the record...that picture is of one of the hosts on the knife show...NOT ME :biglaugh:

Dan...I do think those are cedar blocks they use for displaying. Did you check out the olive root wood in the link above??? That is some good looking wood for sure, would love to have a piece of furniture made from that.

Peace
Neil

Well, I dont feel so bad after all!!!

KJ - Awesome stuff there...great display cases for your bowies!

Just for the record...that picture is of one of the hosts on the knife show...NOT ME :biglaugh:

Dan...I do think those are cedar blocks they use for displaying. Did you check out the olive root wood in the link above??? That is some good looking wood for sure, would love to have a piece of furniture made from that.

Peace
Neil

Neil...........That olive root is some wild looking stuff! It sure would make a nice piece of furniture, like a tall kitchen hutch or something like that. It must be pretty dense to be used for high end knife handles.

Cost of enough olive root wood to build a tall hutch...................probably what my '99 is worth. :biglaugh:

dan

Latest posts

Back