Who's got good pics of a chain coversion?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
The concept is simple enough but I'm curious about the motor side of this equation.

How are they doing it?

Remove the bevel gear? Or is it outside of the case somehow attached to the midgear?

Just playin with the idea, don't have nearly enough time and money for the idea but boy it sure would open up some mean doors...20% more power, easy gearing swaps, easy swing arm extension, easy 200 rear tire fitment...the list goes on

Ok maybe I asked before I looked...so I'll ask more specifically now.

Does anyone have a pic of the PCW conversion on the motor end?

I have pics of various chain drive conversions (with engines opened up) in our Morleys Muscle FB albums. PCW supposedly has a new upgrade that is leak proof so not sure what changed with them.

If you start looking at the threads I have started there is one where I posted pics of Toxic durning it's conversion to chain drive. Tom at COO did my conversion and it has not leaked a drop of oil. As a matter of fact his conversion has some bolts safety wired that the new PCW conversion has had problems with backing out. I have an 04 ZX12R swingarm stretched 4" (gives a total stretch of 6" over stock Vmax length) with a 200 size rear tire and could go a bit bigger with up to a 220 or so without chain or swingarm interference. Do like the ability to change gear ratios fairly quickly! It is big, long chain too!! Mine is a 130 link 530 chain that looks about 3ft long each direction!

Hey Brain

Do you mind me asking why do you have a connector on the clutch hose by the engine middle case?

Sorry no pics but the new pcw chain drive does not leak period. I have no clue about bolts backing out. Been running it for 3 years I believe and it's been awsome

attachment.php

Well isn't this interesting, a blown 'Max & a single-sided swingarm. The carb has two big 'un's and two small 'un's. Guess you could get some economy out of that, but people don't install blowers for fuel economy. That's how the Rochester Quadrajet was designed. Guessing a Roots-type 4-71? That lower triple-tree looks 'way-beefy. I guess the chain drive is going to run between those two left-side bearing supports that look to be close to 2" dia. Is this gonna be some sort of mid-layshaft allowing a super-wide wheel/drive? I think I have a pic somewhere of an acquaintance's CBX drag bike set-up like that.

Latest posts

Back