Plasti-dip rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
So I have a thread about the front wheel... I am finally getting to the rear wheel!
Here's with it off the bike and at night. I will also post it when it's on the bike ready to roll!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 80
Let's try this again...
Why the heck is it upside down?!?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Yes, I put it up and was thinking about getting rid of it and getting a big cruiser but decided against it. I was actually think of selling my Vmax and my dirt bike and using that for a down payment on a Harley street glide. I went to a Harley dealer and sat on quite a few street glides and i was shocked how little room/space it had! My knees were more bent sitting on one of those than on my Vmax with highway pegs! I am going to keep my Vmax and get it Dialed in now.

A few of the things I'm going to do now.... Water pump just recently started to leak a little so I'm going to order the rebuild kit from Sean, the front brakes are kind of catching so I took the rotors off and tried cleaning the buttons. I seriously tried EVERYTHING and NOTHING helped! So I'm ordering the wavy rotors, plus they look super cool. I wanted to add one to the rear (wavy rotor) but gonna hold off on that now. Going to replace the chrome grips with black kuryakyn ISO grips. Finally getting rid of the dated taillight and replacing it with a small LED light. I would like to shorten the rear fender some but don't know how to go about it, if any has done it or knows how to do it please let me know. Current look below. Obviously the black rear wheel isn't on yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I also would like to add a small fairing kind of like that carbon one in the show your windshield thread but I want to see it on a Vmax! Or something like the Yamaha Stryker and raider bullet cowl editions have. I currently have the factory Yamaha fly screen but I'm hoping to find one that will help with the wind a little more. I know a full on windshield would do it but I really don't like the look of them. If anyone has any pictures please post them.

A few of the things I'm going to do now.... Water pump just recently started to leak a little so I'm going to order the rebuild kit from Sean, the front brakes are kind of catching so I took the rotors off and tried cleaning the buttons. I seriously tried EVERYTHING and NOTHING helped! So I'm ordering the wavy rotors, plus they look super cool. I wanted to add one to the rear (wavy rotor) but gonna hold off on that now. Going to replace the chrome grips with black kuryakyn ISO grips. Finally getting rid of the dated taillight and replacing it with a small LED light. I would like to shorten the rear fender some but don't know how to go about it, if any has done it or knows how to do it please let me know. Current look below. Obviously the black rear wheel isn't on yet

Nice looking bike. Looks like the Mod monkey is moving into your house. :clapping:

... I would like to shorten the rear fender some but don't know how to go about it, if any has done it or knows how to do it please let me know. ..

I pulled off my fenders and used the rear inner fender as the back fender. This allowed retention of the plate holder and all the wire harness guides. Kept the stock tail light due to dual bulbs, but relocated it to behind the passenger seat. Cost = zero

Here is shot before I changed a few things.

33ubzmx.jpg

After:

Grab bar is now powder coated satin black, turn signals relocated to the home made aluminum license plate frame, seat was swapped for a Morley ostrich unit. Open mufflers. Dual faced semi-truck running/stop lights

1z1d6oi.jpg

So I finally got around to putting it back together. Still need to put the side cover on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back