Solid Motor Mount Install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had completed changing these out prior to riding this year. It seems like the bike is more responsive. And yes I notice the viberations in my hands more. Which is better Stock or solid? I kind of wonder if most people seem to change them and why. I have to replace my handle bars and grips, my gribs were/ are foam and there is little to no foam left.. SO right now too much viberation in hands...

Handling is much improved with the solid mounts. It helps if you add bar end weights.. some fill the bars with sand or metal shot and find that helps.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

This is my weekend project. I have had the mounts for over a month. Yesterday I unboxed my new UFO 4-1 dragstar that is Sunday's event. Wishing I still had a garage, my shed is small, but it is supposed to be a nice day. I am very excited to get my hands dirty this weekend......:eusa_dance:

Hope you invested in some earplugs !! I did :punk::punk:

It's only bad if you right to my right, it's bad for me if I ride over about 4 grand on the tach. I usually wear ear plugs, helmet is half or full depending on where I am riding to.. Less than a month I will be going to DC for the Rolling Thunder... Anyone want to meet up?

Solid mounts raised the vibes considerably on mine. To a hand numbing level.
Kuryakyn ISO grips helped a lot, but still could buzz my hands to a nice buzzy dead feeling if ridden long enough.

ProTaper handlebars (SE Series Carmichael bend) eliminated it completely 100% when used with the included cross bar. They are dirt bike handlebars that are real similar in bend and shape to the super bike bars and others but with a tough textured powder coat black or silver finish

I have had both the Delrin that Jedi machined up years ago and put in the aluminum on my new engine. It is a little buzzy at 4500 to 5000 but I don't normally run in this rev range so it's just fine for me.

After trying to ride for about a 110 miles each way with the solid mounts at 4-5, my hands, elbows,and ass were killing me.. Might be changing back to stock if I plan out longer rides...(I have solid Steel)

Last edited:
Solid mounts raised the vibes considerably on mine. To a hand numbing level.
Kuryakyn ISO grips helped a lot, but still could buzz my hands to a nice buzzy dead feeling if ridden long enough.

ProTaper handlebars (SE Series Carmichael bend) eliminated it completely 100% when used with the included cross bar. They are dirt bike handlebars that are real similar in bend and shape to the super bike bars and others but with a tough textured powder coat black or silver finish

I experienced and fixed the issue the same way as Rusty, except I still had some issue with vibs on long rides, due to having "white hands/carpo tunnel, so I also installed the Vibranatorsin the bars. It is as good as it's gonna get for me.

Mike

I just recently installed the Delrin mounts and love them. Vast improvement in handling added to the frame brace improvement and very little buz in the bars. I just added some bar ends and it is almost unnoticeable.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

I always refer to my Delrins as solid.....is there any measurable difference between the aluminum solids and the Delrins?

The Delrins are super hard (brittle if your not careful working with them, they shatter or break before they deform) I would not think they have any more give than aluminum.

I always refer to my Delrins as solid.....is there any measurable difference between the aluminum solids and the Delrins?

The Delrins are super hard (brittle if your not careful working with them, they shatter or break before they deform) I would not think they have any more give than aluminum.

When I ordered solid mounts from Sean, I asked that question....if there was any difference (performance wise) between the delrin, and the aluminum mounts, and he said no.

Vibrations raising is barely unnoticeable since i installed the aluminium ones, except at idle where you can feel the motor living..

Still there with mine, mine are steel so maybe it transfers a little more. I have been wondering/ thinking about changed the front four, due to the rear lower ones being a pain in the ass to change unless I do it this winter. I might have a buddy try making me a set of aluminum ones and see if they work better than the steel. I rode about 250 this weekend, found sweet spots in engine RPM where it didn't kill me, but my right hand was numb before I hit 20 miles even with the vibernators installed..

Still there with mine, mine are steel so maybe it transfers a little more. I have been wondering/ thinking about changed the front four, due to the rear lower ones being a pain in the ass to change unless I do it this winter. I might have a buddy try making me a set of aluminum ones and see if they work better than the steel. I rode about 250 this weekend, found sweet spots in engine RPM where it didn't kill me, but my right hand was numb before I hit 20 miles even with the vibernators installed..

Steel or Aluminium or Aluminum depending which side of the planet you call it won't make any difference.

When I did my handlebar mod to my 1990 bike to make life more comfortable for riding I unintentionally also stopped any vibration thru the bars from my solid mounts.
Because it's almost a "broken" design so to speak no/very little vibration travels thru the bars.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back