Busa brake upgrade, what now with the speedo cable?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
Anyone have any input as to options to get rid of or relocate the speedo cable when going to the Tokico calipers? I have a stock speedo currently and without going to something digital/electronic I am not if I have any option to clean that up a bit.

Thanks!

I'm running the same setup with no problems, kept the stock speedo setup, you need the adapters I bought mine from sean and a set of R-1 rotors and 99-07 busa calipers, I also went with the duel braided lines of the master, works great.

I'm running the same setup with no problems, kept the stock speedo setup, you need the adapters I bought mine from sean and a set of R-1 rotors and 99-07 busa calipers, I also went with the duel braided lines of the master, works great.

Yes, I have it all setup now. I would just like to clean up the front a little and get rid of that cable if possible. I really dont think I have an option with the stock speedo but cant hurt to ask around here there has been so much done... Here is a pic after my upgrage.

Attachments

• 2013 Max.jpg
    2013 Max.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 195
Yes, I have it all setup now. I would just like to clean up the front a little and get rid of that cable if possible. I really dont think I have an option with the stock speedo but cant hurt to ask around here there has been so much done... Here is a pic after my upgrage.

I am not aware of any way to eliminate or clean up the speedo cable if you plan to keep the stock speedometer.

Nice bike by the way!

Yep the plan is to go with the koso at sometime, unfortunately not right now though.

First off......Very sharp looking bike!!!!

OST.....I have a question....On the side of the jugs where the water jacket covers are.....the silver metal strips that go across.....usually there are only three....are those extra ones part of the jacket covers? They look longer than that.....I like the dress-up look though......

Thanks for the nice comments. It's nice to hear after all the time and $.

As for the covers, yes the extra fins are the actual covers themselves. Forgot where those came from but I will look if someone doesn't chime in that knows off hand.

Digital Speedo and rear sensor. Nothing for the stock speedo that I know of too.

yeah, I've seen those, not sure who has 'em, maybe something from exactrep or Boxenstopp? (cyl covers). They define the bike more for the cylinders' volume, I think it's a good addition.

Yes, a clean example of the brand we all-love!

Whose pipe is it? Also, the Cycle-istic rack looks very functional.

The pipe came from Sean and I love it!

Yes the cycleistic backrest and rack are great. Very functional for when the wife rides but will be coming off soon for solo riding.

The cylinder head bits are Otec originally but not sure if someone else is making them as well.
Sharp looking bike OST! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Back