Custom Subframe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincent1jz

Reaction score
I apologize if this sounds dumb but has there been anyone that has attempted to make a sportier subframe for a gen 1 max? Im getting the materials to build one but im wondering what people did with the gas tank.

Steel heart USED to make one. VERY expensive for what it is.....but I think they went out of business.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 73
I know these are terrible drawings but this is what I'm going for

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-13-13-11-25-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-13-13-11-25-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_2016-08-13-13-03-31-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-13-13-03-31-1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 75
Speaking from experience of trying same mod...think carefully.
It's more workk than you think.
For example..are you keeping the stock fuel tank..if so how will you remove it from the bike ?

Speaking from experience of trying same mod...think carefully.
It's more workk than you think.
For example..are you keeping the stock fuel tank..if so how will you remove it from the bike ?

Do you have pictures? Any info you could show me would be greatly appreciated. Did you use joints or did you weld it straight to the frame? Did you use the factory tank? I'm looking to use a Gen 2 tank. If I can't get one I'm going to modify the factory tank.

That was looking like a crazy build. I do see what you were talking about in terms of the work. However I think the direction I'm planning on taking will be very different. I will definitely be using heim joints. The subframe will bolt to the frame around the motor. This will also allow me to adjust for the seat. I also don't plan on changing much aside from whats in the subframe area.

Also the factory gas tank will be modified or changed out depending on tomorrows bidding outcome.

Latest posts

Back