My Vmax performing like a 500cc

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new jets are en-route. 2 new diaphragms/slides are en-route as well. should be last thing I need to buy for a while.. better be... oh yeah wait, the whole battery thing too.. ugh... later on that.

Once I receive them, I"ll start putting the carbs back together. Then set the floats at 16mm for starters.... A/F 2.5 turns out for starters.... I'll vid the first startup after all this and youtube it for ya'll to see.

http://www.apexbattery.com/ub1220-12v-22ah-battery.html

yeah i have seen that and wanted to do it, but for the price..? I would have to spend 100 for 4 diaphragms alone........ couldn't find em for sale at 25 bucks a pop and only purchase 2.... could only find that ebay seller from UK or wahtever 4 for 100 bucks,., so it's do that, and then try to remove old one, save the slide, etc... put that time/effort into it and have 2 diaphragms left over..for just in case... not a bad idea... OR pay the 100 and just get 2 ready to go...

I'd like to try to replace them, and if need-be in future i'll just get 4 diaphragms and hold onto the ones i dont use...

i figured either way i'm spending 100 bucks. so.... u get it.. main problem is didnt find a place to get 2 diaphragms for 50 bucks.

so that's why I did it this way....

yeah i have seen that and wanted to do it, but for the price..? I would have to spend 100 for 4 diaphragms alone........ couldn't find em for sale at 25 bucks a pop and only purchase 2.... could only find that ebay seller from UK or wahtever 4 for 100 bucks,., so it's do that, and then try to remove old one, save the slide, etc... put that time/effort into it and have 2 diaphragms left over..for just in case... not a bad idea... OR pay the 100 and just get 2 ready to go...

I'd like to try to replace them, and if need-be in future i'll just get 4 diaphragms and hold onto the ones i dont use...

i figured either way i'm spending 100 bucks. so.... u get it.. main problem is didnt find a place to get 2 diaphragms for 50 bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191949016125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try the UK---$55 for 4 slides and diaphragms.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but rubber, whether used or not, naturally degrades over time.

For this reason alone, I would change all 4 diaphragms at once.

Why keep an older set in there if it's going to cause more issues down the road and cause you to have to tare into the carbs again..

I'm on a budget also.. I've been down that road already. It's not fun at all.

Just something to think about.

Try the UK---$55 for 4 slides and diaphragms.

where is a link at? $55 total for 4 slides with diaphragms? that's like $13 a piece...

in addition though, ordered my jets from buyatvpartsonline.com on may 15, still waiting. said 3-6 days on website. called left message...

can't rebuild carbs yet, waiting on jets... wtf? emailed, left ticker thing, who knows what's going on here..

also, got the old rubber off the diaphragms, ground down with Dremel type tool from harbor freight, worked great. so got backup i'll never use anyways..

so that's where we're at. more time avalable now though, turkey season over and just had a gig sat night with the band. waitin on jets, wanna get rebuilding carbs!

For diaphragm replacement I used a guy out of the UK, $99 shipped and they got here fast. Replacement was not so bad. I would replace the whole set if any need it. The ones I got were not OEM, but also not the Chinese ones. The seller manufacturs them.

For diaphragm replacement I used a guy out of the UK, $99 shipped and they got here fast. Replacement was not so bad. I would replace the whole set if any need it. The ones I got were not OEM, but also not the Chinese ones. The seller manufacturs them.

cool thankis.. i got replacement whole units for 100 bucks. just did that option. other 2 were good, so moving on to getting jets, just waiting... haven't gotten them at all yet, wondering what is going on.. tried calling, left msges.. email etc.

Not to be negative on the apex, but you get what ya pay for. Cheap battery, cheap = junk. Be smart, do the battery box mod and run a good battery. Had bad luck with apex, never will do that to my bike again. Every modification you do, is well worth they money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alright good to know, thanks. i'll do battery mod and get wahtever sean suggested or whatever it was at that time.

thing is now i am waiting 3+ weeks for my jets to arrive from buyatvpartsonline.com suggested by another member. emailed, called, left msges, no return.. thinking i got hosed, gonna have to re-buy the jets on ebay so here we go...... PHUCKin hell. stupid. and this is just the beginning. wahtever.

alright good to know, thanks. i'll do battery mod and get wahtever sean suggested or whatever it was at that time.

thing is now i am waiting 3+ weeks for my jets to arrive from buyatvpartsonline.com suggested by another member. emailed, called, left msges, no return.. thinking i got hosed, gonna have to re-buy the jets on ebay so here we go...... PHUCKin hell. stupid. and this is just the beginning. wahtever.

Sean Morley [email protected] sells jets.....isnt high, and you should get them in just a couple of days. Thats who I suggested.

OH MAN!! THIS IS NOT GOOD!!

I hope you didn't invest too much money into your parts..
That site buyatvpartsonline.com has gotten HORRIBLE reviews..

1) “Scam artists” 8/17/16
Same thing as everyone else can't get a hold of them and never shipped my part . Tried to give them the benefit of doubt but I got screwed. STAY AWAY

2) Ron G. “Avoid this online scam!” 8/5/15
No communication from these sellers, nor do they ship the parts you ordered. Avoid websites that do not accept Paypal. I've contacted my bank to reverse charges since 2.5 months later my part is still not here.

3) Michael W.“Order” 7/29/15
I placed an order with them, sent numerous emails and 30+ phone calls, absolutely no response, obviously a scam site. Guess its time to contact credit card company. I wonder who the hell the 220,000+ satisfied customers were.

4)Brad P. “Scam artists don't send them money” 7/15/15
Ordered 130 in parts with 2 day shipping got crap parts that were not as pictured and only half my order they also go under Redcat atv parts online Don't send them money or your info they are scammers always with new excuses Last one was the company was sold and the new owner couldn't access the website bs

5) Rick w. “No communication at all! Guess I'm ripped off!” 7/14/15
its been two weeks and not a word from them at all! Anyone have a phone number! Thanks

6) David b. “Don't use this site!” 7/13/15
They don't have the parts they say they do. You can't get a hold of anyone to ask questions about your order. I will tell every one I know not to use this site.

7) “yes I also have been ripped off from buy atv parts...” 9/16/14
yes I also have been ripped off from buy atv parts on line . ordered a rim for kc70 as they claim what it fits. wrong part sent it back with pic's of the old rim and new one can't get them to refund my money for the part and also out the shipping charge for sending it back
my name is rick / rick's repair service do not, I repeat, do not buy from them.

8) Laura U. “I just did a rip off report on Redcatonline and buyatvpartso...” 12/2/13
I just did a rip off report on Redcatonline and buyatvpartsonline. They are the same company. They are a scam. I have called everyday - many times a day and can not get anyone to call me back. They didn't send me what I ordered and I want to return what they did send & get my money back. How do that tho, if they won't call me back!?

Out of 11 reviews, there's only 1 with a 4 of 5 stars..
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.buyatvpartsonline.com

Sean Morley [email protected] sells jets.....isnt high, and you should get them in just a couple of days. Thats who I suggested.

yeah for sure Trauma, and I shoulda listened. It's in an earlier response page 2 billion or wathever on this thread.. lol.

actually pg 21 or somptin.. forgot the name, could look but not gonna, said had good experience, genuine mikuni etc. wathever don't matter now.

all in all, in my experience, buyatvpartsonline.com hosed me,,, at least so far. maybe package got lost... we'll see. but correspondence has been null... eff it.

re-purchasing the 150 mains and the small round 170s toda....now, as in right now.

right when i thought my pos money pit couldn't be any more money pittier..lol.

anyone have advice on how to make a jimmy-rig gas can for filling fuel bowl for bench float testing?

OH MAN!! THIS IS NOT GOOD!!

I hope you didn't invest too much money into your parts..
That site buyatvpartsonline.com has gotten HORRIBLE reviews..

1) “Scam artists” 8/17/16
Same thing as everyone else can't get a hold of them and never shipped my part . Tried to give them the benefit of doubt but I got screwed. STAY AWAY

2) Ron G. “Avoid this online scam!” 8/5/15
No communication from these sellers, nor do they ship the parts you ordered. Avoid websites that do not accept Paypal. I've contacted my bank to reverse charges since 2.5 months later my part is still not here.

3) Michael W.“Order” 7/29/15
I placed an order with them, sent numerous emails and 30+ phone calls, absolutely no response, obviously a scam site. Guess its time to contact credit card company. I wonder who the hell the 220,000+ satisfied customers were.

4)Brad P. “Scam artists don't send them money” 7/15/15
Ordered 130 in parts with 2 day shipping got crap parts that were not as pictured and only half my order they also go under Redcat atv parts online Don't send them money or your info they are scammers always with new excuses Last one was the company was sold and the new owner couldn't access the website bs

5) Rick w. “No communication at all! Guess I'm ripped off!” 7/14/15
its been two weeks and not a word from them at all! Anyone have a phone number! Thanks

6) David b. “Don't use this site!” 7/13/15
They don't have the parts they say they do. You can't get a hold of anyone to ask questions about your order. I will tell every one I know not to use this site.

7) “yes I also have been ripped off from buy atv parts...” 9/16/14
yes I also have been ripped off from buy atv parts on line . ordered a rim for kc70 as they claim what it fits. wrong part sent it back with pic's of the old rim and new one can't get them to refund my money for the part and also out the shipping charge for sending it back
my name is rick / rick's repair service do not, I repeat, do not buy from them.

8) Laura U. “I just did a rip off report on Redcatonline and buyatvpartso...” 12/2/13
I just did a rip off report on Redcatonline and buyatvpartsonline. They are the same company. They are a scam. I have called everyday - many times a day and can not get anyone to call me back. They didn't send me what I ordered and I want to return what they did send & get my money back. How do that tho, if they won't call me back!?

Out of 11 reviews, there's only 1 with a 4 of 5 stars..
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.buyatvpartsonline.com

yeah i shoulda done my research before-hand! i spent 22.55 total. so not bad, but phucking stupid.. my goodness..

and to think that i got this from another forum member... C'MON man.!!! (who started that from espn?) ?

Back