What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode the bike today after fitting a switch to the Tboost yesterday.
Its my first ride with the vboost coming at 6k, not 3k.

It now gives the hit everyone talks about at 6k. I like it! I was riding a rough road with my arse climbing the bum stop as we flew down the road. It did a good job overtaking the slow tourist in front of me!
I think Ill leave it set to 6k for now. The stock midrange is fine for now, they ant exactly sluggish with 1200cc downstairs.

Well, I fab'd base sheet of plexiglass for top of clear air box cover. Like Sean, told me it did not clear the stacks. No biggie, I have more plexi to get filter up so it will clear it. I moved my 90 into the shed and pulled out the 95. Went to burn off the protective crap they put on new tires, wow those shinkos grab pretty well. So that didn't work so great. Went for a little ride, first one on this bike in about 1 1/2 years.. For those of us that have more than one max, neither bike is like the other. I went to put a couple of pounds of are in the forks since, these are stock and way too soft.. at the Wawa there were two kids filling air in there car tires, I saw the machine was set to 50 lbs, told the kids to stop, and showed the inside of the door said 33 psi.... the were amazed.... then I went to start the bike, time for a new battery.... so I ordered a Apex for $45 shipped... but it's been a good day, might need to grease up the speedo cable. Just a couple more little adjustments tos get comfortable on her, highway pegs aren't lined up right.

Shortened my kickstand, installed some weighted bar end sliders, went to 1.5" risers on the clip is for added finger clearance at full lock, removed rear fender and test fitted new brake lights, installed over racing readers. Still much to do.

Made my new tailight bracket. Painted and drying now. Picture during mockup.

Attachments

• 20170524_172206.jpg
    20170524_172206.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 23
plate_bracket.jpg
Made my new tailight bracket. Painted and drying now. Picture during mockup.

Today was our first really good day in the 70s

Here in Minnesota we haven't had much good weather this spring, today was the first really good day in the 70s so I went for a 40 mile short ride ride.

I've only posted a picture of my 2015 Yamaha VMAX and that was a picture from the ad I bought it from. Today I was able to take my own pictures so I thought I would post a few to let you see what my bike looks like, I'll also post a link to a very very short video to let you hear the sound of my Vance & Hines full exhaust.

sm_right_side.jpg

sm_right_front.jpg

sm_right_angle.jpg

sm_left_front.jpg

sm_back.jpg

The Sound,

https://youtu.be/Wk2f8K_Z6BI

Re: Today was our first really good day in the 70s

Here in Minnesota we haven't had much good weather this spring, today was the first really good day in the 70s so I went for a 40 mile short ride ride.

I've only posted a picture of my 2015 Yamaha VMAX and that was a picture from the ad I bought it from. Today I was able to take my own pictures so I thought I would post a few to let you see what my bike looks like, I'll also post a link to a very very short video to let you hear the sound of my Vance & Hines full exhaust.

sm_right_side.jpg

sm_right_front.jpg

sm_right_angle.jpg

sm_left_front.jpg

sm_back.jpg

The Sound,

https://youtu.be/Wk2f8K_Z6BI
Look and sounds fantastic.

Look and sounds fantastic.

Thanks,

Maybe you shouldn't have quoted my pictures......lol now they show up twice, no harm no foul.....lol As a rule I don't quote pictures I only reply to them for the most part. especially when there are already 5 pic's

You can quote anything you want, I just thought with you being new to the forum I might give you a tip. You can do anything you want on here, my comment is just a suggestion at best.

Thanks,

Maybe you shouldn't have quoted my pictures......lol now they show up twice, no harm no foul.....lol As a rule I don't quote pictures I only reply to them for the most part. especially when there are already 5 pic's

You can quote anything you want, I just thought with you being new to the forum I might give you a tip. You can do anything you want on here, my comment is just a suggestion at best.
EAGLEPI.You are right,thanks for the pointer i will remember for next time.

Just took her out for a local 30 mile run, after changing out the exhaust system. Replaced the original ones from the previous owner with a better stock set.. (Love the look of the stock and, I didn't want to fool around with the carbs, so I kept it stock). I did not know that I was loosing so much back pressure, until I saw the rusted out tubes underneath.. WOW!! Didn't know the stocks were that loud, now that ALL the sound is coming out the rear.. Now when I roll on throttle, the bike pulls even stronger.:biglaugh::eusa_dance:

Just took her out for a local 30 mile run, after changing out the exhaust system. Replaced the original ones from the previous owner with a better stock set.. (Love the look of the stock and, I didn't want to fool around with the carbs, so I kept it stock). I did not know that I was loosing so much back pressure, until I saw the rusted out tubes underneath.. WOW!! Didn't know the stocks were that loud, now that ALL the sound is coming out the rear.. Now when I roll on throttle, the bike pulls even stronger.:biglaugh::eusa_dance:

Stocks were loud? Are they drilled out?

Fire bolt, I got the same clock and thermometer on EBay recently. Mine have white faces, and are sitting right next to the bar clamp, due to the drag bar being shorter. Seems like my thermometer reads a bit low, but the clock works fine. I've got a set of Formotion gauges on the Roadstar. I like the thermometer better than the one on the Max, because the numbers are larger and easier to read. Still, a great deal for around 11 bucks.

Latest posts

Back