Lifting the max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxin

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm a new member from Toronto Can. Great site I hope to be a part of this online community forum. 03 Max stock hoping to chg the rubber head gaskets this weekend but can figure out if I should place my lift under the exhaust and lift, is it strong enough ? I don't think so..... My lift is the basic with 2 arms side by side...Any ideas would be great. Thank you!

Hi Trauma thanks for the reply. I didn't attempt it b/c I thought the exhaust would bend up right away (over 650 lbs!) but if you've done it I will attempt thanks

I've had a sitting on a jack on the pipes for months now. No issues if the pipes are still installed. If either fronts or rears were unbolted I could maybe see an issue, but with everything secured they're not going anywhere.

You might try using a stout piece of plywood across the arms of the jack if you are at all concerned about damage to the pipes, it'll help spread the load. I too had concerns about this potential issue and knowing my luck would the first member of the forums to damage his pipes :bang head: so I went with above method.
Good luck :)

Chris.

Been lifting mine from under the pipes for a few years now. No ill effects so far.

21819366.jpg

Latest posts

Back