Fat max from Russia project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a small suggestion Nick. I would chanfer the edges of the hub to fill with weld. I would also cut a slice in between the spokes for the same purpose. Doing it that way allows you to machine the welding in order to fit the dust cover onto the rim... See below...

img4590i.jpg

Fred, i know about the chamfers :) But there was a problem - this rim is from a CBR1100XX. It has too big hub, so I had to make a step 3 mm high to compencate the difference between stock rim and this one. So I didn't need chamfer - I welded hub and rim by this step.

Next time I think to take different rim that will fit better. What bike rim did you use for your project?

BTW, the dust cover will fit - i'll make additional work, when i'll find it :) Right now it's some sort of a problem - my workshop is a huge mess :)

Here, i'll put a picture with dimensions, that will help others build such rim:

210165513.jpg

71,15 - length from one end of the hub to tha center of the rim.
8,2 - length from the end of the hub to the end of the CBR1100XX rim. It's the biggest dimension on the rim.

Here is how you can make calculations: for example, you have rim from the CBR1100XX. It has 158,7 mm width. divide it by 2, you'll have 79,35 mm to the center of the rim. Subtract 71,15 from 79,32 and you'll have dimension between the end of the rim and the end of hub - 8,2 mm. Machine parts of the wheel and hub to fit one another with these numbers, and you'll have the rim centered.

Exactly what i did, but bare in mind that you need to make sure the wheel fits in the swingarm and we have to pay attention to the brake side as well in order to have space to fit an adapter plate. This rim was made using a suzuki rim.

My customer dissapeared for nearly a month. But now the wheel is mounted on bike. Today he posted photos of his bike. It took 10 hours to apply some modifications to the wheel to complete project. It was late night when he left my garage :)

210934810.jpg

210934826.jpg

210934847.jpg

Aaaahhahah!!!! It's really funny with the russian license plate. It's 245x185 mm. Stupidest thing. And ugly also...

As guy said, the rotor is standert, but from the old, first gen vmax. But it looks like something different. Don't know for sure...

Great looking rear wheel.Agree with jean.Welds need attention.Love u.s.s.r. Ufa. Bashkortastan.Lot of crotch rockets but not many vmaxs.Met a lot of interesting freinds.The ural Mountains are super riding.The taxi drivers in Ufa make the NYC cabies look like babies in diapers.

No Hemi's either.

You'r exactly right Nick, we will keep it in English here. At least we made history with absolutely the first cyrillic / Russian chat in this forum :clapping: My wife is Siberian so our other home is in Omsk and my language skills are result of that. I hope we get more Russian forum members when you spread the word. one more time; Welcome man! [emoji14]unk:
Привет вам обоем. Cool project - just goes to show that collaboration can span nationalities...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back