Knee Braces (someone should make em!)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Someone should make some knee braces!
I know I'd like to buy a pair!

Just an idea... throwin' it out there....

I know there was a guy from Connecticut that was a vmoa member that used to make them, not sure if he still does? forget his name but i think it's paul ?

there's a guy on the uk vmax site who makes and sells these on the regular. since the GBP is down about .50 cents on the dollar, now is a good time to buy stuff overseas. i'll poke around and see if i can find any additional info. i thought about getting a pair for the 97, but they look like they'll block the view of some of the goodies already installed on the bike. like the see thru cam covers, and the see thru carb diaphram covers. with all the modifications available for our beloved v max, it really is too bad that most of the good stuff is manufactured out of the united states. aftermarket options and availability have improved here in the past few years though.

later odieoh24

I want a pair for the '90 , these look good in black. :punk::punk:

Attachments

• DSC00403.jpg
    DSC00403.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 112
i'd try emailing the paul, the ebay guy. he was on the forum at one point.

Attachments

• braces.zip
    259.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Copy of brace1.jpg
    Copy of brace1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 86
i don't see any real heat to be protected from, so i would say they just are for cosmetics.
COOL ! And I'm all about " THE COSMETICS " !

Attachments

• 000_0181.jpg
    000_0181.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_0883.jpg
    100_0883.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1115.jpg
    100_1115.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_1058.jpg
    100_1058.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 54
100% purely cosmetic. they're more like inner thigh guards for me as it is. i like 'em as they cover up the tops of my frame braces.

Paul Black?

I ordered a set from him over 2 months ago and never got anything.

We have been emailing me and he told me that he has no tracking number - nor could he find the receipt.

So basically, I'm out the part and over 100 bucks.

I suspect you may get yours - but I certainly did not, and I wasn't too happy to find out he had no way to track the thing.

I double checked the address he mailed it to - and he swears he sent to the one I gave him.

Yeah same guy.
I got it from ebay and using paypal just playing little bit more safe.
Hope I will be luckier than you.

But really bad trip what happened to you.
So far even living in Philippines I didn't experience that. It just take more than 1 month to get it.

I was happy to get those knee plates today but now I feel it less lol

For the claim, I guess you have to rush since I thought it was 45 days after transaction.
If the guy doesn't have proof it was shipped, you might get your money back.

Hope he will be more careful this time, he seems not to be a bad guy.
Let's see

I set up my resolution request with paypal today. It's over the 45 days - so we shall see.

He has responded to my emails and he does seem like a nice guy - but the bottom line is I lost 100 bucks and there was no way to track it.

I figure he will be insuring / tracking parcels now.

I may end up ordering another set - as I *really* want them.
But only through a tracked method.

he really is a nice guy, you could def try re-ordering and ask him to track/insure it this time. see what paypal ahs to say as wel...

I might be re-ordering. I am still out the 100 bucks though :)
This time, we would be tracking.

Latest posts

Back