Rear sets,any input???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
I like rear set foot pegs...ALOT!
I WANT rear set foot pegs...BADLY
But there is no way Im paying the $300-$500 to get em!
Any one know where to find somthing less costly?
Or even a design or diagram on the easiest design to make my own?
I have a couple stolen pictures of nice sets I found but even after staring at them my mind just wont CLICK on how to MAKE them...Any suggestions???

Attachments

• rearsets-with-pillion-click.jpg
    rearsets-with-pillion-click.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 112
  • MEKRearSetsVmax.jpg
    MEKRearSetsVmax.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 115
I have a couple stolen pictures of nice sets I found but even after staring at them my mind just wont CLICK on how to MAKE them...Any suggestions???

remove your pegs, shifter, etc...

Take a piece of cardboard and trim it up to how you want to make your brackets.

Make the brackets from your new template, get a longer rod for the shifter linkage and then mock them up.

tear em off and finish them in the coating of your choice.

Buy some used ones and make mounting brackets for them..that's essentially what i did (I had the brackets made to my specs)

Actually I mocked my brackets up out of wood so i could actually put weight on them to check for optimal comfort position for my legs

wood is a nice medium for a mock up making...Ill keep this in mind.I have some metal lying around.looks like ill start by seeing what I need to move as far as the brake is concerned,that was my main concern.

The cheapest full rearsets you will find here:
those are the cheapest, bealive me

Im gonna try to machine my own but i think its gonna be late late winter.
You may also try to make one yourself, check Sarraloos website.

If you want, I can send you DXF, DWG, or STEP files of very similar rear-sets shown here:
let me know if you are interested and I can e-mail you the files:

Jeff

Jeff, are these the ones we worked with last year? If so I have the mount for the regulator here somewhere too.

Sean

you guys have been alot of help,I think my best option is going to be suck it up and deal...and just buy the damn things.I feel confident I can make them but I currently lack the proper tools and material.Might be worth it to just let some one else do it for once!

If you want, I can send you DXF, DWG, or STEP files of very similar rear-sets shown here:
let me know if you are interested and I can e-mail you the files:
Jeff
Sure, yes please.
Especialy if they're mesured somehow.

Its no any big rush, i wont touch that project for month, i hope middle december.

PM sent.

check boxenstopp and wild bros. i got mine fron jai at motoboutique, unfortunately it looks like he's sold out. there are NO cheap aftermarket parts for the v max. you gotta pay to play!

later odieoh24

I got mine from Boxenstopp. I like them, they are the furthest back I could get.

It took me three months to get them. Not Joe's (Boxenstopp's) fault, it was the German company that wouldn't send the dang things out.
And the instructions were in German. And I still have a bunch of parts that didn't go with anything, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them.

Again, Boxenstopp is a great guy and did his best, but whoever he's dealing with sucks.

I have a billet set for sale, They are definately rear sets, too sporty for me.
They are not quite complete, so not a straight bolt on, some small spacers missing when I bought them, but very nice. Anyone looking for sporty ones can pm me. i will get pictures. They are really pretty billet pieces. Same as the cad drawing posted above without regulator bracket. will need some effort and ability to finnish. so if yoiu want direct bolt on they are not that.
$250 usd.

I like rear set foot pegs...ALOT!
I WANT rear set foot pegs...BADLY
But there is no way Im paying the $300-$500 to get em!
Any one know where to find somthing less costly?
Or even a design or diagram on the easiest design to make my own?

I have an 88 with custom rearsets which were made by one of the previous owners (I think he was a bike mechanic)... check out my pic, it seems pretty basic if you have a bit of DIY knowledge.

Attachments

• NewToy.jpg
    NewToy.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Back