Carb Cleaning for Free...sort of =)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I have access to an 5.5 gal heated ultrasonic cleaner here at work.

I am willing to clean anyones carbs that wants it done over the winter.

I will not be charging any money but you will send everything you want replaced...gaskets, needles, floats, replace screws w/ cap heads... etc.
What I am asking for is donations for 2 things. What ever you donate is fine with me. The level of donation will NOT effect the quality of service you receive.
1. The Charity ride I posted about
http://star415charityfundraising.chipin.com/star-chapter-415-holiday-outreach
The deadline for the charity ride is 12/12/09. Anyone that donates to this one will be first on the list.
2. My Girl Friends deaf son is going on a week long trip to Washington DC in the summer and we need to pay for an interperter...$2200.

I will disassemble, ultrasonically clean, set float levels dry, reassemble and check float levels wet. If you dont have access to cap screws let me know, I have a supplier, just make sure it is covered in the donation :biglaugh:

I wont be making any money on this deal, just donating my time and talent to help out and in the process you all get some seriously cleaned carbs.

If you want PM me and we can set something up :punk:
Cheers

That's a great deal for anyone wanting some carb work. I will tell you it's a lot cheaper then I charge lol and I am sure Fargo will do good work for you.

Sean

That's a great deal for anyone wanting some carb work. I will tell you it's a lot cheaper then I charge lol and I am sure Fargo will do good work for you.

Sean

Hey Sean, thanks for the endorsement and I hope I am not stepping on anyones toes. Plus everything I learned about carbs is from you and Mark :biglaugh:
Cheers

One of my customers builds Ultra sonic cleaning tanks. Bluewave Ultrasonics. Supposedly one of the best out there. Did an amazing job cleaning all the gunk from my glasses and that was with straight water.

They are currently designing a system to reduce PH to legal drain levels using C02.

I have nothing to offer... Sorry...

Chris

What a great service. Thanks for doing it. Another thing that makes this board one of the best on the 'Net.

I left a donation, but (knocking on wood) don't think my carbs need cleaning.

What a great service. Thanks for doing it. Another thing that makes this board one of the best on the 'Net.

I left a donation, but (knocking on wood) don't think my carbs need cleaning.

Got your donation and

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Cheers
:You_Rock:

Well got my first victim, uh I mean volunteer =)
Thanks to YukonerDave
Yeah :biglaugh:

This is cool. Let's see what Fargo can do. Before pics:

IMG_7532.jpg

IMG_7533.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

Sending them out this morning. I'll keep you guys posted and include some after pics when I get em back. Thanks again, man!

I will take some before pics of the inside as well and post them
Look forward to it.
Dave, got your donation as well.
:You_Rock::th_image003:
Cheers

Well, thought I'd try out the service!
These will be going out to Fargo today. From my '96. They're dirtier than they look in the pictures. It will be good to contribute to a good cause AND get my carbs cleaned!
Looks like he may be kinda busy in the next couple of weeks.:biglaugh:

Thanks, Fargo

Attachments

• vmax '96 carbs 001.jpg
    vmax '96 carbs 001.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 78
  • vmax '96 carbs 002.jpg
    vmax '96 carbs 002.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 70
  • vmax '96 carbs 003.jpg
    vmax '96 carbs 003.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 66
  • vmax '96 carbs 004.jpg
    vmax '96 carbs 004.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 68
Quick update
Got the carbs yesterday :eusa_dance:
Taking them to work tomorrow, gonna put them through the parts washer, dissasemble then into the ultrasonic sink
Should have a list of parts for you guys that need replaced.

Tom, I am having a bushing made to get your a/f screws out.
Will post some pics and update again tomorrow
Cheers

Alrighty here are some pics
The Tank empty
The bank dipped to get them clean to work on. Room temp water with a light degreaser.
The dirty nasty tank after the dip. Couldnt see the bottom.
Partial disassembly. About 95%. Couple stuck screws I got to get out.

Couple of side notes for anyone that does this later
1. Please drain ALL gas from carbs
2. Dont pack in peanuts, use bubble wrap. Gas melts peanuts and they get stuck in all the holes.

Will post some more later
Cheers

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 105
  • clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 128
  • nasty.jpg
    nasty.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Parts.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 148
Looks really nice bro! :clapping:

I would gladly ship you my carbs but shipping will eat my wallet :bang head:

I've cleaned my carbs this summer using the Engine Cleaner and blow them with compressed air and they work fine but nothing can match the ultrasonic.

Basicly they will be like new carbs :thumbs up:

Dude my apologies for the peanuts (and the gas) I drained em on the bike, but didn't think to redrain once they were off. Pics look kickass

You may want to send Fargo some wire ties... I think he used 40 of them to hang the carbs... lol

Chris

You may want to send Fargo some wire ties... I think he used 40 of them to hang the carbs... lol

Chris

Very preceptive. Don't worry I have an endless supply of zip ties, they are an awesome way of adjusting the height off the bottom while keeping them submerged

Hey Dave
You do not get your carbs back until I know that your gas tank is clean!!!!!!!! :eusa_dance::biglaugh::eusa_dance::biglaugh:

As soon as my phone starts to work I will post the pics
Just waiting on parts and time to start putting back together

Ok some more pics of the process. I use a flashlight to check for leaks. Have a small one as well to check the enrichners. A wire wheel to polish up the hardware and a space heater to dry out the parts after they have been cleaned. I keep everything covered when I am not working to keep the dust out. Everything is layed out waiting assembly

The carbs on Daves bike are full of rust. This is one of the cleaner ones I pulled off. 2 hours in the tank and the carbs still arent 100% clean. Will go at it again tonight.

Attachments

• 2009-12-13 00.53.49.jpg
    2009-12-13 00.53.49.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 2009-12-13 01.07.21.jpg
    2009-12-13 01.07.21.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 2009-12-13 01.34.51.jpg
    2009-12-13 01.34.51.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 2009-12-13 02.56.06.jpg
    2009-12-13 02.56.06.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 2009-12-13 02.57.40.jpg
    2009-12-13 02.57.40.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 2009-12-13 01.58.58.jpg
    2009-12-13 01.58.58.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 2009-12-13 01.59.11.jpg
    2009-12-13 01.59.11.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 2009-12-13 02.02.41.jpg
    2009-12-13 02.02.41.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 111
Hey Guys
Just waiting on parts. They were shipped out Thursday, probably just the holidays slowing stuff down a bit. As soon as I get them I will have them together lickety split and back in the mail
Cheers

Got the parts in late yesterday. Will have them together tonight and shipped out tomorrow.
Once again sorry for the delay, just waiting on the parts. Guess if I am going to do this in the future need to stock some stuff.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back