Web Cam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calimus

Reaction score
Ok, So I'm a geek, I'll admit to that. Amongst my many toys is a web cam setup that I put together a few years ago. It's made from an old Vid conferencing camera, a tv capture card and some custom software to control the camera. Add a small ammount of html and you get a web cam that users can move around. So, if you find yourself bored and just feel the need to peek into someones garage, this is just the thing you need.

http://www.kuklanet.com:82/cam.htm

Cool!... need a remote control for your light! It was too dark to see anything when I tried it.

Having folks play with the camera is one thing, folks messing with my lights is another lol.

Give it a go anywhere from 8am EST and there should be light. I generally keep the lights in the garage on till about 1am EST, sometimes a bit later.

holy crap, better not forget its there and take out the garbage in your underwear

lol, at 330pm I saw someone open your garage door and get in a pickup truck

Hey, If I wanna take a stroll to the garbage can in my undies, well....I'd prollie just go out the front door rather then come downstairs and out through the garage. But never fear, I don't think I'll be doing any underwear trips.

As for the someone getting into a truck, that would have been my daughter going to work. Odd that she'd go through the garage though. Unless she actually took the dog out for a change. Hopefully she closed the garage when she left. I can't watch the cam from work so I'll have to find out when I get home.

However, I'll prollie be in the garage a good part of the weekend working on the Max and my wifes cabriolet.

It is, and at least I didn't put the dumpster out only in my undies.

looks like you must have jumped on the cam around the time my wife was leaving for work if the arage door was open again.

I know some of you fellas were on the cam whiel I was messin around with the max lastnight. I discovered 2 fuel leaks from the right front carb and the left rear. Leaks were from the float bowl drain screws. The little rubber o-rings had pretty much rotted out. So I replaced them with similair sized ones and cleaned up some corosion on the electricals as well. Seems I have a bit more power now. Nothing wrong with that.

Yea, it's not bad, especially for being about 10 years old.

It's a simple little setup, but it's hard to beat. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a newer PTZ style camera though.

if you have any hot neighbors you could always put a few cameras facing out the window towards their houses. LOL

Unfortunatley I don't have any hot neighbors. I actually don't see many of me neighbors. I think most of us work about the same schedule and when I am not at work, I'm gone on the Max.

Calimus said:
Ok, So I'm a geek, I'll admit to that. Amongst my many toys is a web cam setup that I put together a few years ago. It's made from an old Vid conferencing camera, a tv capture card and some custom software to control the camera. Add a small ammount of html and you get a web cam that users can move around. So, if you find yourself bored and just feel the need to peek into someones garage, this is just the thing you need.

http://www.kuklanet.com:82/cam.htm

I am interested in this setup, what tv capture card did you use? did you use a simple web cam? what brand? what software did you use?
I love it and would like to set something like that.
Can you walk me through the process?
Thanks

Last edited:
Not a problem at all.

The camera was simply called a PTZ 1. You used to be able to find them all over e-bay for $30-$100. I haven't seen any there in a long time, but anything similair will work.

The capture card I think is a Winbond. I'll double check when I get home.

Special software, just the camera control software. Which was custome written for the PTZ cameras and free to download. I think I still have the installs for it as well.

The, just a simple webcam software with a built in web server. Modified some HTMl make it all work and there ya have it.

I can give ya much better info once I get home and double check some things. It's been a long time since I set all this up.

Latest posts

Back