V-boost with a morley jet kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittnathan

Reaction score
Hi. What V-boost setting would you recomened with a muscle-kit for most power? I'm having it installed and setup next week and wondered if it needs to be left in the v-boost setting it's setup in; ie 3.5k or 6.5k rpms. Either that or have it on full time. I've a full exhaust system if thats of any relivence. Any advise would be great. Thanks

Hi. What V-boost setting would you recomened with a muscle-kit for most power? I'm having it installed and setup next week and wondered if it needs to be left in the v-boost setting it's setup in; ie 3.5k or 6.5k rpms. Either that or have it on full time. I've a full exhaust system if thats of any relivence. Any advise would be great. Thanks

I found mine worked best with stock vboost. I took my tboost switch right out. If you don't want to do some fine tuning leave it as is. Others love theirs full open.

Dale #2592

I know Kyle's working on a stage 7 set up that uses the stock Vboost but I'm not sure
about Sean's Jet Kit. There are a lot of people who swear by Sean's Kit. I'm just not sure
what to do with the Vboost for max performance... So, I'll watch for the answer here too.
Please let us all know what settings and jets you end up with....

I know Kyle's working on a stage 7 set up that uses the stock Vboost but I'm not sure
about Sean's Jet Kit. There are a lot of people who swear by Sean's Kit. I'm just not sure
what to do with the Vboost for max performance... So, I'll watch for the answer here too.
Please let us all know what settings and jets you end up with....

No problem.

Is it hard to set my v-boost in fully open? I find the extra low down and mid-range more usefull than high end boost. I've heard I might loose 2-3hp above 7000rpm with v-boost fully open.

Hi all,, I,ve only just bought my full power vmax & i know nothing about the v boost. :ummm: :ummm: So where is it located to adjust it.. On the carbs i presume. I had to change the spark plugs cos it was running a bit rough from when i bought it.

Any help on any issues to look out for. I have also changed the oil & filter. The genuine air filter is in the post winging its way here. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Last edited:
The stock vboost settings will make more power down low though it may not "feel" like it does.

To find the vboost look below the carbs for the second set of butterflies. There will be a cable from that up to a servo motor mounted just in front of the airbox. The black box (controller) is under the left scoop and has a 5 pin round connector).

Sean

Hi Chad and Welcome to the best forum on the web.
The V-boost dosent really adjust as to when it opens, though you can purchase "systems" that turn it on, off, start opening at 3k RPM, stock, or variable.
I have the T-boost( 2way switch--stock and 3k) It's ok.
Again, welcome,
Lew

I think it was RaWarrior who said that he has seen dyno charts that support the claims of several others that adjusting the vboost activation deosn't actually offer any benefit above the "rush" sensation. apparantly lowering the vboost down to 3k only "feels" like you are gaining power down low, but in all actuality you aren't, in fact the only thing that you are doing to the physical performance of the bike is decreasing mpg numbers (http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=252320&postcount=4)

if you want midrange performance gains, then morley's muscle kit is a great way to achieve it. he has the dyno charts to support the claim. the key factor being that he leverages off of the airbox's velocity stacks that improves the "quality" of the air by smoothing out the turbulence. although i regrettably didn't start off with his kit, i can attest to the validity of the velocity stacks because i, too want better low/mid than the high-side performance realized at WOT and augmented my Stage 7 setup with the approach offered by maleko. to further support this, note that dollars to donuts only difference 'tween the MM and S7 kits is the intake methodology. Jets, needles, springs, etc are similar if not the same.

Last edited:
The stock vboost settings will make more power down low though it may not "feel" like it does.

Sean

Oh right. Would I be right to think that T-boost's 6000rpm ish setting is as good as/or is stock? If so I take it it's best to have it set-up in that T-boost mode.

A completely stock setup has the VBoost butterflies opening up at 6k, so yes setting up the your T-Boost at 6k is the same. Don't get me wrong, it would be fun to occasionally flip a switch and get a low-rev rush.

Thanks ninjaneer. So with a morley kit installed I'll be gaining the mid range I crave with standard v-boost settings anyway? The bloke who's installing the kit only usually deals with dyno-jet, is there anything particlular I should mention to him about the install?

YES, you will love it. as far as you mechanic, he will be re-jetting and re-needling the MM exactly the same way as if he were installing DJ's S7.

The vboost tboost dyno charts are on vmaxoutlaw I think. They are out there either way. I have morley and vboost always on abd it runs great. Maybe I lost a few hp up top but it feels more fun at smaller throttle openings and since honestly I ( and probably most of us) don't ride wot the majority of the time I was willing to make that sacrifice. I also tuned the bike on a dyno for that setting.

drilling is suggested. and by suggested i mean, not entirely necessary. it is an easy thing to do after the initial install. so wait until after you see how it runs before drilling. it's suppose to offer a quicker throttle response, but i imagine it isn't a night/day difference.

As-far as drilling the floor of the slides goes, I do not see any real issue to restoring it to stock jetting and having-done the drilling, leaving it like that. The reason given is to allow the slides to move more-quickly, and since they are CV slides in the first place, and respond to a vacuum signal, a minor change in the orifice doesn't seem like such a significant change. I suppose if you wanted-to, you could epoxy them shut and re-drill to the stock dia. if you were going to remove the stage 7, like selling the bike & transferring the stage 7 kit to the next bike.

I have a stage 7 set of carbs not yet installed and am considering getting a spare VBoost manifold so I can have the butterfly replacement tubes instead so I can just swap both systems if I want to. I know you can just safety-wire the butterflies open if you don't want to remove them & replace them w/tubes. From reading here I also see some people leave the VBoost in-place even w/stage 7 installed.

Latest posts

Back