Fork oil level

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

train460

Reaction score
hey All. haven't changed out a fork seal in awhile so have a 88 with progressive springs. what weight oil would you use and how much or better, how much air space to the top? If so are the forks compressed , with springs in? Etc.
Michael

For your '88 the oil level is 5.5" with the springs out (pumped a few times to get all air out) and the forks collapsed. I used 15wt silkolene fork oil before I went with the Ricor Intiminator valve and now use Bel Ray 5wt fork oil. Sean uses a high quality power steering fluid, but I forget what brand.

Brian, you are correct. :) I went to Hooters last week....thought of you. lol

So basics, nothing in the tubes. Fill to 5.5 inches of air space left. Pump a few times making sure. Then install the springs, spacers, washers eyc?
Sounds good. Thanks
Michael

So basics, nothing in the tubes. Fill to 5.5 inches of air space left. Pump a few times making sure. Then install the springs, spacers, washers eyc?
Sounds good. Thanks
Michael
Good deal, between Mark and I we got it figured out!

Brian, you are correct. :) I went to Hooters last week....thought of you. lol
It's been too long since I was at a Hooter's, you must take pictures next time you go!:worthy::clapping:
Hell for that matter, any of you go to Hooters take a picture of the girls for me!:punk:
(Or at least use that as your excuse!)

Latest posts

Back