Major bike shop going out of business

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92max

Reaction score
Mid America powersports, the shop I used to turn wrenches at, is going out of business. at one time was the biggest shop in 4 states. 40% off parts and such. Sad day. they've been a staple for 40 years or so in one incarnation or another here in Wichita.
http://www.mapowersports.com/

I hope Sean gets all the parts. Might have to make a trip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Kinda hard to see what they have for sale. They should do some youtube videos or something. "See something you like? Email/call us!"

Kinda hard to see what they have for sale. They should do some youtube videos or something. "See something you like? Email/call us!"
probably part of the reason they are tanking. they always wanted too much. probably swing by there tomorrow and see what's up. i'll post a pic of the used bike list

Are their prices crappy? Do that have lots of gear?

I think that FJR is the best deal of the used bikes... Or the Concours.

I went to the web site and tried to buy a Yamaha accessory and it was not discounted. Full price. No mention of discount in the cart and checkout.

What do they care if they screw you on anything? They will be out of business! Caveat emptor!:bang head:

I went to the web site and tried to buy a Yamaha accessory and it was not discounted. Full price. No mention of discount in the cart and checkout.

They are only selling the discount on the parts in hand. They aren't going to want to lose MORE money by ordering a part and selling it at a loss to you.

They don't stock much if anything Vmax though they do have a gen 2 on the showroom floor. This is one of the biggest dealerships i've been around and have more models and brands in one building then i've ever seen (or even heard about). WIll be a sad day for sure.

They are the typical dealer. Making very little discount on parts or labor (or bikes). But that's the same around here for all of the dealers so they did not have to compete on it. The market in general is very soft for new bikes compared to pre 2008.

Back