4-2 headers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marks, ufo, old two brothers, kerker. I think I forgot one or the two brothers was wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I think Kerker only makes a 4-2-1 actually, they are all pretty good but I've always preferred the single pipe but that's just my preference.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Kerker 4-2-1 (they do make 4-2 slip ons)
Marks
Muscle Modified Marks
Holeshot
UFO (wouldn't send my worst enemy there)
Hindle

Here's a few pics of bikes we've had through the shop (or provided parts for).

Many of the exhaust systems are not as supplied from the manufacturer. Either they have had custom mufflers made or different coatings. There are some normal systems in here though.

Attachments

• Right_Side.jpg
    Right_Side.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Aluminum Kerker Can and Baffle caps.JPG
    Aluminum Kerker Can and Baffle caps.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Kerker Can Comparison.jpg
    Kerker Can Comparison.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Kerker Carbon Mounted.jpg
    Kerker Carbon Mounted.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 50
  • Carbon Muffler.jpg
    Carbon Muffler.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 45
  • P1013648.jpg
    P1013648.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 0603001624.jpg
    0603001624.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 2012-05-25_17-08-48_539.jpg
    2012-05-25_17-08-48_539.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Coated Hindle 4-1.jpg
    Coated Hindle 4-1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Titanium.jpg
    Titanium.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5330.jpg
    IMG_5330.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 51
  • vmax_011.jpg
    vmax_011.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5171.jpg
    IMG_5171.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5212.jpg
    IMG_5212.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 46
  • user549_pic42_1211314638.jpg
    user549_pic42_1211314638.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Anodized Blue 1.jpg
    Anodized Blue 1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 49
HMF made a nice set off 4-2 exhaust awhile back. Unfortunately, they discontinued them. They do sound really good though.

Mike

Attachments

• vmax2012-2.jpg
    vmax2012-2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 32
  • vmax 2011.jpg
    vmax 2011.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 28
  • vmax12.jpg
    vmax12.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 36
Thank!

I dont want 4in1 or 4in2in1, Mister Vmax must have a muffler on each side, like scoops :)

Is there a 4in2 that make more power than stock headers?

Holeshot Performance makes a Nice looking 4-2 System:
http://www.holeshot.com/

Any of the 4-2 systems listed in the posts above will make more HP with the right jet kit (Morley's Muscle kit or Stage 7 kit).

Thank!

I dont want 4in1 or 4in2in1, Mister Vmax must have a muffler on each side, like scoops :)

Is there a 4in2 that make more power than stock headers?

Marks, Muscle Modified Marks, Holeshot come in 4-2 flavor and will make power over the stock pipes.

HMF made a nice set off 4-2 exhaust awhile back. Unfortunately, they discontinued them. They do sound really good though.

Mike

The HMF's are identical to the original UFO 4-2's that I have.

Depending on who's bullshit you believe someone ripped of someone else. And I think Mario Auguiar was in the loop on these too. Total bitch fest back in the day.

End result is the UFO system I have is good and has never given me any problems.
I think they still make it?
Their website list several different styles, we always hear about the latest offerings but I think they show several more.

If I was to buy a new system these days it would be Marks, he will build whatever you want. If I ever do that its going to be a straight up 4-1 with a 4 way collector like the old Hindles etc.

New guy here...any help Identifying what is on my bike? They seller said a ton of stuff what was about 10% right... It is a nice 4-2-1 chrome and it the seller said it was a UFO can...to flipping loud for me but it sounds cool as hell.

Just realized this is a crappy picture of the exhaust..it is 2.5" going into the slip on muffler.I will get better pictures tomorrow..
8h07.jpg

Sure does aim straight like a Kerker, but I'm probably wrong. I don't remember exactly what the front header pipes look like on those.

2.5" is a UFO size for the o.d. of the midpipe to exhaust can for the 4/1. Here is a can I made for my UFO 4/1 because I didn't want to wear ear plugs. Much quieter! My 'Franken-can(ister)!"

You can rotate the midpipe to angle-upwards the can if you need more ground clearance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 23
Kerker primary pipes but can't tell well from that angle if it's a Kerker muffler.

I has a UFO "diffuser" in the muffler so I am thinking it might be a old UFO unit. I am thinking of machining a new insert and mount some supertrapp disc's to it. Is this a bad Idea? It sounds like my Cutlass with open headers, great sound but tooo loud. I love the way the muffler is parallel to the ground. Thanks for any insight!

I has a UFO "diffuser" in the muffler so I am thinking it might be a old UFO unit. I am thinking of machining a new insert and mount some supertrapp disc's to it. Is this a bad Idea? It sounds like my Cutlass with open headers, great sound but tooo loud. I love the way the muffler is parallel to the ground. Thanks for any insight!

If you can machine your own internals/cap, then it sounds like you have things Ok.

Do something to save your hearing. I was never one to stand in-front of the JBL's at a concert, so I still have acceptable hearing, though the proximity to the siren & airhorns has cost me some hearing acuity. I don't want to lose any to a mcy!

My canister was a literbike sportbike stock exhaust I designed & had fabricated by several people to make the adapter pieces, then a mcy/work friend did the welding.

Back