Might have found me a gen. 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacklightning

Reaction score
I might have found me a "new to me" 2009 Vmax. My problem is that it is out of state and would need to be shipped. I have been talking to the seller and will be getting additional pictures later today. Before this deal goes through, I will be possibly getting it taken to a local dealer to be checked out and maybe having someone local to check it out for me. Are there any other precautions that I can take before the purchase. And BTW, is anyone in the Jersey City, New Jersey area to check it out for me? I would gladly compensate you for your time.
Thanks,
Keith

Keith, that's close to me. I can take a look at it for you....I 'm also friendly with a Yamaha dealership less than 10 miles from Jersey City.

Probably not necessary for the dealer to see it though. As mentioned the oil pump warranty replacement is the only concern. If it hasn't been done yet my dealer (FW Speer http://www.speeryamaha.com/ ) would be the place to have it done. They are the only dealership I trust to touch my bikes.

Shoot me a PM and we can exchange phone #'s.

Mark

Keith, that's close to me. I can take a look at it for you....I 'm also friendly with a Yamaha dealership less than 10 miles from Jersey City.

Probably not necessary for the dealer to see it though. As mentioned the oil pump warranty replacement is the only concern. If it hasn't been done yet my dealer (FW Speer http://www.speeryamaha.com/ ) would be the place to have it done. They are the only dealership I trust to touch my bikes.

Shoot me a PM and we can exchange phone #'s.

Mark

Thanks Mark,
For some reason, I cannot seem to get a PM sent. Just give me a call when you get a chance.

Keith
919-649-2433

And thanks for the rest of you guys chiming in. I have owned 10 bikes in the past 8 years, but this would be my 2nd yamaha (the first was my first bike, a fzr600). I am not a hard core rider, and most of my time is spent cruising. However, I do like a spirited trip along a twisty road every now and then.

Mark,

I texted you number of the guy who has the Vmax for sale. Hopefully we can get this to go through. Then I will just need a way to break it to the wife.

Mark,

I texted you number of the guy who has the Vmax for sale. Hopefully we can get this to go through. Then I will just need a way to break it to the wife.

OK Keith all set....I'm going to look at it tomorrow after work.

I'll take some more photos and get back to you tomorrow night.

My wife loves my VMax. Whenever I ride it I come back in a good mood with a smile on my face.

She did accuse me of loving it more than her though. I told her "Don't be ridiculous honey........I love you both the same". :biglaugh:

My wife loves my VMax. Whenever I ride it I come back in a good mood with a smile on my face.

She did accuse me of loving it more than her though. I told her "Don't be ridiculous honey........I love you both the same". :biglaugh:

Woooo....getting on some thin ice there Mark, but a great response just the same! :clapping:

Woooo....getting on some thin ice there Mark, but a great response just the same! :clapping:

She laughed Danny......she's a good sport.

I'm pretty lucky. She encouraged me to pre-order my 09 sight unseen, and never questions anything I do with my bikes. Just asks me to be careful.

Thanks Mark!
I look forward to hearing your opinion of the bike. I will make it right.
Still thinking of ways to break it to the wife.

I might have found me another 2010 Vmax! Is there anyone in the Hartford area, or near Max BMW? They have a 2010 with 8k miles. I have an email into them, but I would really like to know if there is someone that can do an eyes on accessment of the bike. If so, give me a call at 919-649-2433. Thanks,
Keith

Back