Nissan 1500 cc engine-400 hp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.gizmag.com/nissan-zeod-rc-engine/30611/

Wow!:worthy:
zeod-rc-engine-5.jpg

The DIG-T R’s base engine is 500 mm tall x 400 mm long x 200 mm wide (19.68 x 15.74 x 7.78 in), but it puts out power like a fire hose at 400 bhp (298 kW) and 380 Nm (280 ft-lb) of torque. Nissan points out though this is small enough to fit inside the luggage guides found at check in, at 40 kg (88 lb), the DIG-T R is too heavy to be considered as a carry-on. That works out to 10 bhp per kilo, which Nissan says is better than the new engines approved for the FIA Formula 1 World Championship this year.

The hybrid car this is going into is a design built by Dan Gurney, who is himself a motorcycle designer (his 'Alligator' series recumbents). The tests on the car show it to be easy on tires, brakes, and of course, great fuel consumption. It weighs considerably-less than the competition, and it looks like a needle with a wide rear. It is supposedly easy to pilot, too. There have been a number of the 'DeltaWing' cars built.

nissan-deltawing.jpg
images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fqoZhWPjc_o

so would you put the turbo under a tall fake gas tank like the VMax does it's air box or would you put it up front like a RAM HORN so that people would think you were driving a Chrysler.

I know we aren't supposed to discuss this but wouldn't you need a car tire on the rear?

And I see that it has 3 cylinders. Would we refer to it as the holy trinity...or just say holy shit as the bike shot out from under us?

so would you put the turbo under a tall fake gas tank like the VMax does it's air box or would you put it up front like a RAM HORN so that people would think you were driving a Chrysler.

I know we aren't supposed to discuss this but wouldn't you need a car tire on the rear?

And I see that it has 3 cylinders. Would we refer to it as the holy trinity...or just say holy shit as the bike shot out from under us?

Like the K75BMW, a 'lay-down' longitudinal crank design perhaps; or, crank across the bike, a transverse-three, slightly-inclined cylinders.

Its my Rodeo bike. If I can stay in the seat for 8 seconds, I've done the 1/4
pinkiecrazy.png

Latest posts

Back