New member, new vmax owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tradmark

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is mark key and im from west texas. A little town south of lubbock named lamesa. Just picked up my first vmax sunday night in dallas. I got an insanely good deal on a new 2013 purplemax. I loved the color since it came out and finally picked one up. Man do i love this bike. Ive spent the last few years with a zx14 and traded it off and we t with a ninja 1000 which i love. I went with the 1000 over the 14r for the long southwest roadtrips due to its comfort and nicely integrated bags. Anyway, i really love this new max. The power is in all the right places and is just really really comfy and the wife likes riding on it better than our other bikes weve had. Ever since i was in highschool back when the vmax came out ive wanted one. I still remember being at the boxing gym where i grew up in the chicago when one of the older fighters pulled up on the first 85 in our area. As i walked out of my clinic today and a couple sportbike riders and a couple harley riders that work at our hospital were admiring the bike. The allure of the vmax for me is not in the last couple of tenths in a quarter but in how it feels and its one of the few bikes that both the above groups appreciate. Very few bikes do that. In addition its without question the most powerful bike i can get my wife to climb on and ride to go out to dinner! Great site guys.

Welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of fellow TX vmax owners too. There's a good group that meet each spring near the Three Twisted Sisters area, usually in Bandera, for a rally.

Welcome, and congrats on the new bike! I really like that color as well. It looks like you've already found out you made a great purchase, the Gen 2 never fails to put a smile on my face every time I ride it. It does everything well......except passing a gas station! :)

I'd also recommend this forum http://www.starvmax.com/forum

There are a lot of long time (5+ year) owners there that have a wealth of knowledge specific to your bike. If you are thinking about a mod, someone there has done it.

Best of luck with the new bike!

Mark

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is mark key and im from west texas. A little town south of lubbock named lamesa. Just picked up my first vmax sunday night in dallas. I got an insanely good deal on a new 2013 purplemax. I loved the color since it came out and finally picked one up. Man do i love this bike. Ive spent the last few years with a zx14 and traded it off and we t with a ninja 1000 which i love. I went with the 1000 over the 14r for the long southwest roadtrips due to its comfort and nicely integrated bags. Anyway, i really love this new max. The power is in all the right places and is just really really comfy and the wife likes riding on it better than our other bikes weve had. Ever since i was in highschool back when the vmax came out ive wanted one. I still remember being at the boxing gym where i grew up in the chicago when one of the older fighters pulled up on the first 85 in our area. As i walked out of my clinic today and a couple sportbike riders and a couple harley riders that work at our hospital were admiring the bike. The allure of the vmax for me is not in the last couple of tenths in a quarter but in how it feels and its one of the few bikes that both the above groups appreciate. Very few bikes do that. In addition its without question the most powerful bike i can get my wife to climb on and ride to go out to dinner! Great site guys.

Mark , Glad to see you made it , both to the forum and to the Vmax world.lots of friendly guys here with a wealth of information , but as Mark (it goes) mentioned there's the star max site with more gen II info , but there's lots of us that have BOTH GEN I & GEN II that spend a lot of time here .

Welcome to the Gen2 world Mark! +1 to what Rick previously said. I was one of those guys who had both a Gen1 & Gen2 at the same time.... only for about 2 months tho. Was having too much fun with the Gen2 that I was neglecting the Gen1....so I found a good home for it with a guy who wanted to " smoke" his HD friends during their rides ! :punk:

i've already done the smoke the harley thing already with some friends! the vrod owner found out that it's certainly not a vmax and i didn't have to break 5K rpm but for a second.
screaming eagle nothing, they just don't compare. now i'd like a new venture royale with this engine and not detuned, maybe a highway 6th gear and i'd be a happy camper.

Can I ask what price you paid for your vmax

Sorry ive been gone for a bit, i paid 14.5k put the door. It was a hold
Over 2013

Well welcome my fellow west texan- I spent 24 years of my life in midland (born in odessa). Spent many days at lubbock international dragway (#2 in points my first year there and #4 at penwell in the same year). Also raced at the san angelo track in the '70s and '80's. Damn nice people out there and sad to say i miss all of them.
Glad to hear from one now-I am sure between lubbock and midland (that being lamesa) that we probably know a lot of the same people.
A big welcome to the site and please pm me if you need ANYTHING!!!:clapping:

Back