MIS race track and Wine Tasting May 9th Michigan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Just figured I would see who is going.

I will make this event, I know VmaxMike and Beekeeper Tom are going. Not sure about anyone else at this point.

Roll Call!!!!!

file:///C:/Users/Michele/Downloads/Badass%20Bike%20Run%20Flyer.pdf

file:///C:/Users/Michele/Downloads/Badass%20Bike%20Run%20Flyer.pdf

try to copy paste this and open it up not sure if it will work. Its the track flyer info. I have it in pdf but don't know how to post it.

Anyone notice the V-max center stage in the bottom photo?...............:punk:..............Tom.

I worked Mike, and can't miss the V-Max in the middle of the pic, just trying to figure out how the Hardley got in front of him !!! lol and I will be there, need to my azz in gear and get the motor back in my max !!!

I will bring a flat shovel so we can scrape you off the wall Todd.:biglaugh:

:punk::punk::punk::punk:190 mph lets see it:punk::punk::punk::punk:

Qualifying (one lap) 2000 July 22 Paul Tracy 30.645 234.949mph

in CART car....

So people have gone over 200 mph on this track quite frequently. Most qualifying laps are over 200 mph I read.

Opened: 1968
Track Length: 2-mile oval
Banking in Corners: 18°
Banking on Front Straight: 12°
Banking on Back Straight: 5°
Length of Frontstretch: 3,600 feet

Length of Backstretch: 2,242 feet

Thats PLENTY of room to hit close to 190-200 mph if there are no slow bikes in the way!!!

Standing mile you can hit 190+ mph on a stock Busa or ZX14. So rolling out of a turn I see no reason it can't be done, again as long as no one is in front of you.

I'm not saying that you won't hit hi speeds I'm just saying at high speed the wall gets a little scary in the turn

OH I ll do it alright.... well not hit the wall that is.....

Just sucks never having been on the track before and only getting 3 runs and having slow ass bikes surrounding you.

I am debating... do you get in front of the slow ass bikes and have one open lap ahead of you, or do you do like you said and wait at the back of the pack and make a final run?

Also is there a pace car? I thought I remember you saying something about that.

I am thinking of dropping to a 39 tooth like was recommended for SWB at the drag strip, which would in essence give me the ability to run a higher top speed.

Stock gearing is good for 208 mph theoretically and I believe that 200 mph can be acomplished on a stock bike with the speed restriction removed, as people have gone 202 mph in the mile on a stock bike essentially.

My current gear setup says 206 mph, so I think I should be able to hit 200 mph or atleast damn close to it....

I ll have two gps on me just to make sure. My phone gps is slow and I have to maintain the top speed for a few seconds for it to register. Last time I hit 170 and my gps only said 132 when I let off. The next time I held it 170 for about 2 seconds and it registered 168 mph. So that sucked because I had to do it twice LOL.

I know 1/4 mile I am getting close to 150 mph. So figure 0-150 in a 1/4 mile and I have almost 3/4 of a mile on MIS, and I ll be coming out of a turn I would guess around 140-160 mph...

Yep totally acomplishable!!! With room to spare.

It will be the first time I have seen a rev limiter in 6th gear on a hyper bike. That will be worth a rush....

Imagine my turbo busa.... I bet I could have hit 225 mph lol...

There is a pace car and your not allowed to pass it, so letting everyone get a big lead on you is the only way to attempt this, they tell the slower riders to keep to the inside but as the vids show some aren't paying attention, I'm concerned someone will get in your way, you may be able to pull it off in the first lap but your going to be on traffic real quick................................Tom.

I wondered about that.

So I guess I understand what Mike was saying about hanging out dead last. Maybe practice a wheelie or something while while waiting for some room to "open" it up some.

But then again the acceleration is pretty darn fast up to about 160-165, after that is slows down.

Nothing like my turbo bike. 0-100 and 100-200 were the same :)

Back