Looking at touring bikes but i dont know!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Im just not sure what im going to like till I try them out but the ones 6 hrs away and there's nothing closer in that price range. Im confused on what I want. Im selling the VFR and going to get a nice cruiser/touring bike but the question is which one. I don't plan on going cross country on it may 8hr ride at the longest I just want something me and the wife can throw clothes in hop on and go for a overnight stay and random long rides. so here are the bikes.

first a Gen 2 venture. the thing I like about these is im 6'4 and they have a cruiser riding position which is comfortable, cruise control, and all the bells and whistles of a cruiser. and of course the V4 sound! thing im wondering about is feeling like a slow turd. im not looking for vmax power but I don't want to feel like a turd lol.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/5049767424.html

Second a 99 Goldwing. I like that there is everything and anything on this bike. the storage is huge. but Im afraid I wont feel like im riding a motorcycle anymore and im 29 I don't know if im ready for the grandpa stairs. But one thing I know is that I would be comfortable and so would the wife!

http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/5061552130.html

Last but not least is the Honda Valkyrie interstate I love everthing about this bike by reading reviews and looking at pictures. and I love this red and black color. The problem is its 6hrs away and im not sure if I would like it till I ride it. It looks comfortable enough. it has low miles and its a really good price on a rare interstate version. This one doesn't have highway pegs so I diffidently would have to put them on because im tall and put a exhaust on it. The guy with the Goldwing forsale said its at his brothers and he has a standard Valkyrie so maybe if I go check the Goldwing out I can sit on the Valkyrie too.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/5064743659.html

:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

I ride a gen 1 venture and like it. Snippy enough around town and comfy on the highways.

If you get the right RSV, you get the 98 hp engine. Other years/models are down around the 86 hp mark.

Personally, I would pick the wing, but it sounds like your tastes are going to lean more to the valk (as long as you realize the valk is actually just a stripped wing :)).

The wing is great for putting distance on, carrying stuff and keeping the missus happy!

;)

Sold my 94 vmax last year after owning it for 19 years and now riding a
2010 Kawasaki Concours. Basically a lightly detuned zx14 with better long distance ergo's and hard bags. Just a thought.....

Jim

that's like my vfr. Looking for more of a 2 person riding bike that we both an relax and listen to some tunes.

+1 in the Valk, super sweet bikes. Dont discount a nice K bike either if cost is not to much of a factor. Really liking the R1200RT for a swift touring bike, also +1 on the Connie.

Wait a minute....... You are only 29 yrs old and you sold your Vmax last year and had it for 19 years?! You got your Vmax when you were 9 or 10yrs old?! :punk:
My vote would be for the yamaha and I would take the big suitcase off the back for around town and semi-short rides. Also, if you are worried about not feeling like you are on a motorcycle get a short windshield (I would do a tinted one if it were mine) and take off the leg wind protector things.

Last edited:
Gen 2 Venture. Not as pumped in it's class as it once was, but it shares many of the goodies and know how of the King Max Gen 1.
I'm with the non to the Goldwing like above.
My bud has a FJR1300 which is a REAL nice sport touring bike that can eat up the miles with gobs of power.
Whatever it is that you choose... just DON'T buy a SPYDER!

Wait a minute....... You are only 29 yrs old and you sold your Vmax last year and had it for 19 years?! You got your Vmax when you were 9 or 10yrs old?! :punk:
My vote would be for the yamaha and I would take the big suitcase off the back for around town and semi-short rides. Also, if you are worried about not feeling like you are on a motorcycle get a short windshield (I would do a tinted one if it were mine) and take off the leg wind protector things.

Haha I never said I sold or I'm going to sell my max. That was someone else that said they sold there max after 15yrs i love my max to much

Cool it on the grandpa wing Buddy:rofl_200:. I got my first one when I was a little younger than you& I aint a grandpa now.LOL
Haha I ment getting picked on by all my friends pretty much hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the venture is gone and all other ones around my are 9k going to look at goldwing tomorrow. Guy is sending me pictures of the Valkyrie tonight rear strait fwd guy and he owns his own bike shop. I already talked to my boss I can take off Monday if I want. Maybe going to Baltimore on Monday to pick her up I'm really leaning towards the Valk because it's more my style right now has the power I want and it has brand new radial tires on it.. Thing that sucks is there is six carburetors!

Well the venture is gone and all other ones around my are 9k going to look at goldwing tomorrow. Guy is sending me pictures of the Valkyrie tonight rear strait fwd guy and he owns his own bike shop. I already talked to my boss I can take off Monday if I want. Maybe going to Baltimore on Monday to pick her up I'm really leaning towards the Valk because it's more my style right now has the power I want and it has brand new radial tires on it.. Thing that sucks is there is six carburetors!

Cool hope you get the valk if that is what your really wanting the carbs are not to bad to do & you only need a 4 gauge set to sync them I cant remember the process right off the top of my head but they were easy to sync

Haha I never said I sold or I'm going to sell my max. That was someone else that said they sold there max after 15yrs i love my max to much

If you like the vmax,you will like the 1st gen venture.Basically the same engine right down to the whine at 45-50mph,except with the venture it is at 55 mph.Also the performance is about as good as it gets with a touring bike with exception of the new BMW 1600 klt.The 01 and newer 1800 gold wing is a close race with a gen 1 venture.1500 wing is not even in the same ball park.The bad news is it is getting hard to find a nice gen 1 venture since the last year of production was 93.

I know a guy that lives in Nunda that has a gen 2 venture for sale. Great shape and low miles. Let me know if you want more information. I believe he gets it serviced in Alexander.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Maybe something like a pan European. a little bit in between the vfr and a gold wing.
The valk. seems a good stylish option.

I know a guy that lives in Nunda that has a gen 2 venture for sale. Great shape and low miles. Let me know if you want more information. I believe he gets it serviced in Alexander.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
That was the one that got me thinking of buying a touring bike. I know the owner and I was there on my max. He had it for sale out front if it's the same one. Like charcoal grey? It was a little to expensive for what I was looking for in prices right now.

That was the one that got me thinking of buying a touring bike. I know the owner and I was there on my max. He had it for sale out front if it's the same one. Like charcoal grey? It was a little to expensive for what I was looking for in prices right now.

Actually, the guy I was referring to has a maroon or burgundy 1988 Venture Royale with a little less than 34k. I think he was asking $3500 for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back