Sporatic vboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.T.Stone

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Ok so after awhile I noticed my bike just seemed flat on the top end. Anyway when I turned on the bike it cycled the vboost but when revved up it did not open. So I pulled the top off the bike and sprayed 3/4 can of Seafoam in the carbs while running. Then what do you know the vboost started working. So I slapped it all together and took it for a spin, OH YEAH much better! So I give it a hard ride and fill up the tank and continue to ride, then it felt flat on top agian so I stop and check and the vboost is not opening again...Anyway I continue to ride and sometimes it kicks in and sometimes it does not, Any ideas?

Some more details,
- Bike starts and runs great, might need a carb sync been over 2 years.
- I had a ground wire problem before, could it be ground related?

Sounds like the vboost is fine since it is cycling. I would start with the carb sync since that is an easy first start. I synced mine a few weeks ago and I didn't even think it needed it, however afterwards the bike performed and sounded even better.

Hi guys.
Ok so after awhile I noticed my bike just seemed flat on the top end. Anyway when I turned on the bike it cycled the vboost but when revved up it did not open. So I pulled the top off the bike and sprayed 3/4 can of Seafoam in the carbs while running. Then what do you know the vboost started working. So I slapped it all together and took it for a spin, OH YEAH much better! So I give it a hard ride and fill up the tank and continue to ride, then it felt flat on top agian so I stop and check and the vboost is not opening again...Anyway I continue to ride and sometimes it kicks in and sometimes it does not, Any ideas?

Some more details,
- Bike starts and runs great, might need a carb sync been over 2 years.
- I had a ground wire problem before, could it be ground related?

First off the v-boost is electrical and the carbs are mechanical. Spraying seafoam (and i've never heard of THAT MUCH being spray at once) has nothing to do with the v-boost unless you are trying to get the carbs to go over 6500rpm. They are not connected.
I would clean the carbs and put a multimeter on the sensor, controller, and servo motor.

Ok so it probly wasnt the seafoam, maybe I will pull the Vboost controller off and have a look as well as clean the ground wire too. I have custom made grills on the scoops that allow air through so maybe it got dirt or moisture on the electrical components , ill check...

Was it running hot at any time? Sometimes the controller will melt solder points in the back of the unit.
If you unhook it try it with the vboost left open- sure is fun.

Okay so I pulled the Vboost controller off and is it normal for the circuit board to have a wax type stuff covering it? anyway everything looked good so I pulled off the two little ground wires that split from the main battery ground wire, cleaned them up and put them back on, before I put them on I turned the key and the vboost barely cycled. Anyway after a decent ride it seems to be working fine now. just curious what are those 2 little ground wires for (the ones that attach on the left side between the scoop and seatish area...

The original v-boost controller will cause intermittent non functioning. Next time it is not working try taking off the controller from its mounting point and flexing it a little like you are trying to break it in half. if it works then there are bad connections on the inside. I had the exact same problem. Replaced it with an adjustable one from Sean Morley And have not had a problem since.

Latest posts

Back