Amy Shumer on Pirelli calendar, no joke!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
Someone sent me this link this morning. Wow! I thought this satirical or something but nope, this is the real deal folks! :barf:

Way to lower the bar Pirelli! There must be a militant bull dyke somewhere in the marketing dept, it defies explanation. I really feel like a lot of calendar models are pretty over rated and most of them look like they could use a meal or two but this is a pretty gnarly leap way over the goalpost. I realize that in real life not many poeple have a beach body but is this what you want to see on your shop wall for 30 days? If they choose to use rotund models could they have found one with a pleasant face at least? I think this must be the Wal-Mart calendar. Chen looks good to me but I have a thing for Asian ladies but Serena looks like a man. This might be the worst calendar in recent history.

Who decided that this is what men want to see?
Is this the answer to a question anyone asked?
Who are they pandering to? Why?
WTF?

http://fortune.com/2015/12/01/schumer-serena-pirelli-calendar/

Anyways! I feel good today and this was a great laugh while having my coffee, bad precedent aside there is a great deal of humor to be seen here.

Call it childish , racist , homophobic whatever...I WAS going to buy a set of Night Dragons this winter BUT , guess what ? Not now , not while I can still choose the tires I want between me and the asphalt ( until the liberals decide what's best for me ) Those women ( ? ) could make me play for the other team if they were all of an either/or choice...:puke:

So , any suggestions...? :confused2:

Definitely doesn't fit the mold of your typical garage wall calendar.

Here is my take on the situation. Pirelli calls Annie Leibovitz and says, "Lets give them something to talk about". This is what she came up with.

I'm sure there will be people saying that it "makes a statement" and it shows "juxtaposition" of X,Y,and Z. It empowers women......

Doesn't make me want to buy any tires.

This is the only way to accurately illustrate my thoughts on this calendar...

:th_people194::th_people194:

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke: :puke: :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :red ass::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke: :puke: :puke::puke::puke::puke:

Ok, it's not just me, Thanks gents.

This cant be an accident, they had to know what they were doing, there must be lots of men working for Pirelli, how could this be missed? It must be a statement of sorts but damn if I can figure out what other than the PC "hey, rotund repugnant women are all sexy in their own PC way and we should all stop being dicks and learn to embrace it". No dude looked at this and said "Okay, yea, that looks great, send it on over to print and lets get this going."

I dont see this taking away from a quality product but I will have to compose a tactfully worded email of concern.

Ok, it's not just me, Thanks gents.

I dont see this taking away from a quality product but I will have to compose a tactfully worded email of concern.

Why not just tell them how stupid it is? You might also mention that all your friends have decided to boycott their products.

Why not just tell them how stupid it is? You might also mention that all your friends have decided to boycott their products.

I wouldn't bother sending an email at all.
You would be giving them what they want. Attention.
As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I wouldn't bother sending an email at all.
You would be giving them what they want. Attention.
As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

This is true in some cases but a business has to remember who it's clients are. Every time I see "Pirelli" on a banner or a piece of rubber I'm going to think of Amy Shumer naked or Serena's frumpy awkward looking ass. I'm sure they have many emails of this nature to wade through and I'll bet anything that their 2017 calendar will reflect the blow back they should be getting as this thing surfaces.

This is true in some cases but a business has to remember who it's clients are. Every time I see "Pirelli" on a banner or a piece of rubber I'm going to think of Amy Shumer naked or Serena's frumpy awkward looking ass. I'm sure they have many emails of this nature to wade through and I'll bet anything that their 2017 calendar will reflect the blow back they should be getting as this thing surfaces.

Yeah, it will be full of "transgenders".

Back