Aftermarket headlight (please post some pics)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying to make this work..... Thoughts, opinions welcome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 39
If you are looking for more light or a better pattern, I have had good results with swapping out the H4 bulb with an LED replacement.

Form an aesthetics perspective, I am interested in how that light would look on a VMax.

Is it stock diameter or 7 in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another member on here has a awesome looking custom kind of chopper looking Vmax. Changed the whole front end and the rake. I asked him about the headlight ..... He got it at Demon Cycles, his is 8" L (front to back) 6" tall with 5.75" glass it's $119. The other options are...
1. 4.50" glass, 5" tall, 6.75 long $47
2. 5.50" glass, 6.25 tall, 8.25" long $59
#2 I think would be too long and I'm afraid #1 will look to small! I'm torn which one I should get

I remember reading about someone fitting a VRod headlight on a VMax.

I have a Honda CB unit (I think it is) that I am taking off a bike here. Hard to find light though currently bracketed for an inverted fork setup. Not sure what I am going to price it at. The other light setup is an MT03 and there are a few different bracket kits out there. We tried to use a setup that gets the light fit tightly to the forks.

Attachments

• IMG_20160321_165016699.jpg
    IMG_20160321_165016699.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20150605_094645442_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150605_094645442_HDR.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20151031_113152666.jpg
    IMG_20151031_113152666.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 76
Hey Sean, do you think the one I posted would fit ok on the Vmax?

Does anyone have a picture of a Vmax with a v-rod style headlight?

Mine is from a Honda Hornet.

picture.php

I use a 7" Hella replacement headlight, with a custom housing and flyscreen.
I plan to stick with a larger headlight, but am not pleased with the light output of the Hella. I want to find a lens with less fluting, and possibly combine it with an LED bulb.
For looks, I think the headlight/front end treatment should blend in with whatever look the rest of your bike has. Are you keeping it stock, going cafe', maybe bulking it up (bags, 4x4 exhaust, etc)?
Cheers!

Attachments

• Street fairing, scoop extensions.jpg
    Street fairing, scoop extensions.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 54
Hey Sean, do you think the one I posted would fit ok on the Vmax?

Anything will fit with fabrications. The biggest issue most lights have it appearance. You'll have more visibility to the wiring leading to it so some might not like the visual on that and a relatively large gap between the fork and light. Again, purely a cosmetic thing which is completely in the eye of the beholder. I've got a HUGE light selection available to me and many are like what you posted. I just never liked that style and didn't bother trying one.

I never really thought about all that! What is the diameter of the stock one?

if you're looking for more light output, get your charging system working well, as I did, then use a set of headlight relays to a H4 bulb. Maybe an 80/100 watt bulb if you're as night blind as I am.
Relaying my headlight directly from the battery made it a LOT brighter... And there are no little black boxes to fail like HID lights use. I read a number pf people having problems with the HID lighting kits, but simple relays give you just as much light, and are stone reliable.

Eastern Beaver sells relays, or completely wired plug and play kits..

I don't know about just as much light as an HID. I have HID in my stock bucket and I've never seen a halogen that's even close. I have daylight at night.

What HID do you have? More light would be nice forsure but I want to change the look to something a little more modern. I'm at work not near my bike, can someone tell me what size the stock one is?

Um, no, it isn't. It is 5-3/4" round. You are speaking of the VMax, I presume. If you are speaking of another bike, my apologies.

Here is a shot of a headlight I installed, an EMGO bucket w/a H-D (gasp!) reflector lamp, which gives a lot more light than stock. I used 'ears' off ebay which have thick rubber collars and use two machine screws on ea. side for vibration protection.

Here is a good thread for headlight options: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=29953&highlight=emgo

HyperPete;428372[I said:
Stock headlight is a 9" round.[/I]

I installed an M109R2 headlight assembly: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=36058

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 36
Oh, crap, my bad. I know I ordered a 9" bulb replacement, it must have been for my GL1100. Sorry for the mis-information!

Hyperpete, for some reason when I click on that link the thread will show up but the pictures will not. The v-rod look is pretty cool, was there a lot of fab work that had to be done to make that work? Fire-medic, that's a good look also!

Latest posts

Back